Steely Dan

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That was definitely one of the all time greatest live albums. Hell I hated country fried blues back then but loved, loved, loved the tune Dixie Chicken.

And there was "don't bogart that......joint... my friend, pass it over to meeeeeeeeee" (crowd goes nuts)

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was definitely one of the all time greatest live albums. Hell I hated country fried blues back then but loved, loved, loved the tune Dixie Chicken.

And there was "don't bogart that......joint... my friend, pass it over to meeeeeeeeee" (crowd goes nuts)

And Willin which has been covered so many times and Oh Atlanta and........

My Favorite Lowell George line though is from Rocket in my Pocket also on the Waiting for Columbus Album

" You Know you are Over the Hill
When your Mind Makes a Promise that your Body Can't Fill".

They showed up one night unannounced at Toads Place in New Haven when I was in School there and I walked in to get a drink and ended up with George walking on the Tables connected to the stage and belting them out literally right in front of me!
What a night that I still barely remember!

"Roll Another One"

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
"old folks boogie, down on the farm"....

When my sister moved out to get married she left all her albums behind. That's how I discovered "Waitin' on Columbus". My twin was like "what is this crap? Country?" Days later he's all hollerin' "I said yeah, yeah, yeah gotta get back to you" in a baritone voice like that singer in Oh Atlanta.

What's say we do a legacy rock band thread...:twothumbs

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Man you got me!
That line is from Old Folks Boogie not Rocket!?

The line from Rocket is "Shes got one Foot on the Platform and the other on The Train"!

Man am I getting old.

Oh and trust me there are still Speakers that are Furniture!

The trouble is that many people now think their phone is the best speaker they have ever heard.
I still make my living peddling this stuff and I consider it a major victory when I do not need to sell a stupid Sub-Woofer in a system!

"old folks boogie, down on the farm"....

When my sister moved out to get married she left all her albums behind. That's how I discovered "Waitin' on Columbus". My twin was like "what is this crap? Country?" Days later he's all hollerin' "I said yeah, yeah, yeah gotta get back to you" in a baritone voice like that singer in Oh Atlanta.

What's say we do a legacy rock band thread...:twothumbs

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I consider it a major victory when I do not need to sell a stupid Sub-Woofer in a system!

You know about these, right?
29417617387_4d5eedc54c_o.jpg

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember the '70's for bands like the Blondie and the Ramones and the early punk scene.

Looking back, even some of the pop disco stuff wasn't a total write off I guess.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's 200 watts, there's two of them, and they're Li-ion-pack-powered with Bluetooth, so there are no cables. You can just pick them up and move them to other rooms, outside, etc. Fun stuff..
Yeah I looked it up.
We are not talking about the same thing here........at all.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of this makes me want to get my vinyl out.
When we move house this year - and we will, I know it - I'll set up my one of my record decks, as I have a few stored away, and start listening to music properly again.
I've always had proper speakers that take up half the room with big amps and Broadcast CD Player, but I miss vinyl. Must have at least a thousand albums upstairs.
I don't know if i could bear to listen to Alan Parsons again, but Steely Dan will always endure.
P

bykfixer

Flashaholic
You're moving your house Pete? What across town somewhere? Or just moving it left a little bit for a better view of the sunset?

When cd players first arrived I had one. Man they sounded awful to me. My friends all said "just listen to that dynamic range".... I'd say "yeah, it's uh.... louder that's for sure. The more they sampled the more I disliked it.

A few years later I happened upon a stereo store looking to get my Denon amp repaired. The place I bought it was long since gone after "the raid" where the owner was laundering money through the stereo salon....
I hear a smoooooooooth sounding jazz tune playing and figure it's tube equipment. I enquired. Nope it was Yamahas new cd player. They had revolutionized the bit sampling process and smoothed out those jagged edges of the early pure digital sound. I bought one soon after and eventually went with Yamaha gear.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I'm not on par with the audiophile equipment operators, pardon..

As long as you are sufficiently repentant all is forgiven......for now at least.

Spirit of the Season and all.:candle::shakehead:thumbsup:

And Pardon Me.