Stinger LED With C4

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the LED in your light looks exactly like this

Then you have got a new K2 TFFC LED (= C4 in streamlight terminology).

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
[quote. If it starts with a "C", you have a light with the C4 technology.

Just got off the phone with streamlight CS who confirmed that.

-Rich

The statement above is true to a point. The simple way of finding out if you have the C4 is to push down on the LED...if it's soft you have a C4, but it might still be an old switch. If the LED is "hard" you have the older switch. The "black" portion that holds the LED in place is squared shape...the older LED's had a round look to them. There are other ways to differenciate between old and new, but I'm not going to get into that with this post.

Not bashing our CS department, but I work on the lights...they simply take general phone calls.

Side by side comparison of the old LED vs. the C4 is that the C4 is more clear and it does throw the beam further. If you do have the C4, make sure you have the upgraded reflector and retainer ring.[/quote]

Would you happen to know if both versions of the Stinger use the same battery?? Thanks!

Mike

Last edited:

aubie515

Newly Enlightened
Stinger/PolyStinger, XT, HP, XTHP, LED/DS models all use the same battery PN 75175.

Our company does use the term "C4" pretty loosely. I identify the Stinger LED's as the K2.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Enlightened
Stinger/PolyStinger, XT, HP, XTHP, LED/DS models all use the same battery PN 75175.

Our company does use the term "C4" pretty loosely. I identify the Stinger LED's as the K2.

Yeah, Aubie, I web shop for flashlights a few times a month, haven't bought anything since my Stinger but were I to see a new light similar to the theoretical Strion LED I would likely make a quick and perhaps foolish financial decision, especially if it was at Bright Guy. :D

s23246g

Newly Enlightened
I have been using my Stinger LED for a few months and I like it very much. It's serial number begins with a C, however, it is noticeably dimmer than my 120 lumen C4 Scorpion. Which by the way I use every day in the prison. Even so, my Stinger is my primary light when not at work. Streamlight, my Stinger and my Scorpion are just awesome. I can order parts when needed (and have done so) and they are bult very nicely. I tell this to anyone who seems interested including this forum but I don't see much talk about these lights, I don't understand why.

I think that perhaps the C4 designation does not necessarily mean 120 lumens. I'm thinking perhaps I should order the LED assembly. Nah, I'll wait and get the next model.

Rocketman, you get to keep your flashlights in prison? How did you smuggle it in? What kind of lube did you use? (On the threads I mean).:whistle:

Yeah, I'm kidding. But I thought the way it was worded was funny. haha

Rocketman

Enlightened
Rocketman, you get to keep your flashlights in prison? How did you smuggle it in? What kind of lube..

Hey, you sound like an inmate.
I'm thinking maybe some day you can live in prison for awhile and put that talent to good use.
Don't come to my prison, though, you really won't like it.

s23246g

Newly Enlightened
LOL.

Glad to see you can take a little innocent ribbing. :poke:

Actually, I have sent quite a few people to prison, and even toured a couple. Never spent much time in them though.

Rocketman

Enlightened
Well, a few months ago my Stinger LED quit working. The switch quit working, first it would not stay on, the light would come on only when I was pushing the switch and then it would not come on at all. I was using it every day and it was working very nicely, bright enough to signal the picket operator even when he/she was looking away, the beam would bounce off the far picket wall and get his/her attention.

So sad. But I just ordered a new Strion LED. I would have ordered a new Stinger but I don't want a plastic light (what were they thinking.)

Although the light is very nice I can no longer recommend it until the switch is fixed.