Streamlight Wedge XT

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just noticed there's a new Wedge XT out. I never ended up getting the Wedge I'd planned to buy, but perhaps it's good I waited. Shorter, lighter, 2 output levels, tail switch w/ momentary / maintained on, a TenTap option for H-L/L-H, an electronic lockout...
I can almost hear myself humming 'Wrap It UP' already.
Dangit!! I wish they'd quit doing this stuff to me.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked the wedge and even though I rarely needed the burst mode, the fact that it was just momentary annoyed me lol.
Definitely looking to pick this one up when it's available.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI For those who have an interest in this light - These have started shipping from distributors this week.

Last edited:

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Its not surprising that they come up with a bizarre looking model give that they came out with the stinger 2020. (shrugs) Different things for different people.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Bright Guy sent me an email about the XT. I deleted it before the voices could start in on me. "You know you want 2, right?".....
Maybe Santa-wife will surprise me with one if do enough "cough cough streamlight wedge xt cough". That's how I got the Stinger LED a few years back.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bright Guy sent me an email about the XT. I deleted it before the voices could start in on me. "You know you want 2, right?".....
Maybe Santa-wife will surprise me with one if do enough "cough cough streamlight wedge xt cough". That's how I got the Stinger LED a few years back.
Too late for me:-( I already got a ship notice yesterday, so my stocking may be empty this year. Probably would have been empty anyway, as I've been a 'bad boy' this year:)

@rwolfenstein: If you like really bizarre-looking lights, you might like the Stiletto! I hear it squirts out of the hand like a wet bar of soap.:)

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So they made it chubbier, gave it a tailcap switch; but still no cover for the USB port? I'll stick with my original. I'm glad it's different from everything else out there. Plus, someone on Etsy came up with a clever cover design for the USB port on the original version that definitely won't work on this newer one.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
So they made it chubbier, gave it a tailcap switch; but still no cover for the USB port? I'll stick with my original. I'm glad it's different from everything else out there. Plus, someone on Etsy came up with a clever cover design for the USB port on the original version that definitely won't work on this newer one.
Glad I waited. My pocket will love the ~1.25" shorter length (significant to me) - and I'll love the tailswitch (which fits w/ my training and all my other 'carry' lights), momentary & maintained-on for both output levels, Five-Tap UI options, etc. Re: the USB connector: You never heard of weatherized USB-C connectors (which SL goes so far as to call "waterproof")? Look 'em up at an electronic component supplier. Sure they're out there, and sure they cost more, which is why most use a dirt-cheap connector with a universally detested 'rubber plug' (which effectively don't work after any use either). Yeah, glad I waited, but YMMV (and often does:)) BTW: If you have the original Wedge, I believe it uses the same connector, so you have no need to seek a cover for it (unless you're just determined to anyway because you're accustomed to them needing one). These do not require that. I don't sweat a bit of pocket lint (I can blow that out), only water.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My pocket lint is EPIC.

Plus, this reminds me of companies that sell "genuine" 100% Fat-free Ham. Yeah, color me extremely skeptical. Same thing with those exposed USB ports. I mean, when the biggest gear review shill on all of YouTube made his video about the original version of this light, even he made it clear he was going to track down some generic rubberized covers for the USB port.

That's pretty bad when the guy you pay or give free product to in exchange for a positive review decides, nope! Even I can't pretend this is acceptable. Not going to do it.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pocket lint is EPIC.

Plus, this reminds me of companies that sell "genuine" 100% Fat-free Ham. Yeah, color me extremely skeptical. Same thing with those exposed USB ports. I mean, when the biggest gear review shill on all of YouTube made his video about the original version of this light, even he made it clear he was going to track down some generic rubberized covers for the USB port.

That's pretty bad when the guy you pay or give free product to in exchange for a positive review decides, nope! Even I can't pretend this is acceptable. Not going to do it.
You're really slippin', Bro'! I know it's late there, but I don't even understand this post. I think you and the YT yahoo might want to check with, say, Amphenol. In case you've never heard of them either, they practically invented Mil-Spec connectors. This is 2023. If you're 'skeptical' of Amphenol, I don't have anything to say about that. You can be (and will be) as skeptical as you like; but if you want to learn something, here's just one example, FYI: