Summary:what was your 3 best flashlights purchases for year 2014?

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Last year i created a similar summary thread with great and interesting response of your best purchases for 2013.

Now it´s new years eve and it´s a great time to make a summary of your purchases of flashlights for year 2014. I know that most of you have baught more than three flashlights during this year;), but which 3 flashlights was your best purchases for the year 2014?

Please tell your purchases and write motivations why these was your best flashlight purchases,and if you want to, feel free to upload pics of them! :) Moded lights could also be included in this thread, but since this is the LED section,please stick to LED lights.

Bestlightsoftheyear002_zpsc0621b9b.jpg

These was my best flashlight purchases for the year 2014. From left to right, Olight S10R,Olight S20R and Olight S30R.

Even though i´ve been experienced issues with the charging docks for these lights, the lights them selves are the best EDC lights i´ve ever carried. The S10R i carry at work everyday clipped to my working pants and for EDC i carry either the S20R or the S30R. The S30 are suprisingly comfortable to be carried clipped to my pants and it´s a real pocket rocket!:)

To make a summary of the entire year of 2014, i think it has been tamer than last year. No upgrades of diods has been released and not so many super interesting lights being introduced. Let´s hope that upgrades from Cree will be introduced during year 2015 and that the manufacturers will introduce more new interesting lights.

Happy new year to all flashaholics! :party:

ArmyTek Wizard Pro warm: super ouput and love the warm color.
Zebralight SC600 MKII: great little light with amazing output for his size and still maintain real low lumens.
Olight S20R: nice output, charging is so easy and the new style button really disables pocket turn-on.

Considering I only started buying lights this year at the end of November, I now own a hand ful of flashlights and headlamps.
I really enjoy all of them. None are too much alike other than they all take aa/aaa batteries.
this 4-7s Preon 1 Gen 2 in satin Ti is starting to stay in my pocket. Never thought I'd like a twisty-activated light..

HjM

Difficult !! i cant do it!! have to struggle at 5 sorry.............in no order

Olight SR52vn
Olight SRminivn
Supbeam X40vn TQ
Nitecore TM06vn
NiWalker MM15vn

Feel free to pick any 3 for me:tinfoil:

Olight SR52vn
Olight SRminivn
Supbeam X40vn TQ
Nitecore TM06vn
NiWalker MM15vn
Hmm, I see some similarity here.. :crackup:

Olight SR52vn
Olight SRminivn
Supbeam X40vn TQ
Nitecore TM06vn
NiWalker MM15vn

There is a lot of VN there!:)

So far i don´t have any VN light, but i think i have to send one of my lights to him to be modded.I wonder what he could do with my S30R?

My Fenix E12 started me on my path of quality flashlights, where I was led from maintaining and enjoying Maglites.

My LD09 is my first true EDC; it truly is nearly perfect for my every-day, on-the-go needs and wants.

My TK41 is my first $100+ flashlight purchase, and is my very favorite so far! Astonishing versatility in its 15/120/365/900lm outputs and amazing throw at all levels, in a package that just feels like quality.

I really do love all my AA Fenix lights, and like the AAA Fenix lights very much (I'm sure they'll grow on me). As such, runners up:
My LD41 is a wonderful light that could absolutely take the TK41's place for a budget-crunched flashaholic; everything I say above applies to the LD41, just a step below.
My E25 is a delightful flashlight indoors and does well outside, too.

He does the S30R, so check out his sub forum :)

I´ve found it!:) There is alot of extra options there! I don´t know what to choose for my S30R?:thinking:

Could extra option A= XML2 U3 cool White and B= copper base sanded smooth, New Arctic silver, Positive spring upgrade, thicker wires be good choices?

I have the xml2 u3 option in my tm06vn,its a nice white,on the slightly creamy side............recommend it:)

Gives you somewhat more power and heat dissipation is better. Thicker wires are alwaya better IMO ;)

Surefire L1: UI is great, good brightness for its size, easy to EDC and the knurling is great.
Surefire LX2: UI is great, very bright, easy to pocket carry
Armytek Barracuda: I've needed a thrower for a while

Last edited: