Surefire 9P + MiniMag with SMJLED

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
surefire_EDC.jpg

Not sure how much of the original "Surefire" is left in it. The module is of course Malkoff M60, the body is Leef 2x18500, the tailcap is the original Z41.

Just got the ArcMania Super MJ LED for the MiniMag. I had a good experience with Nite-Ize but this is better. For one thing, it's focusable. If the runtime is as good as they say - was it 10-12 hours? Then it's worth it. It is of course a dimmer bulb, not in the same category as all these Turbo multi-modes lites but that's what I wanted. It's brighter than Nite-Ize.

Why the MiniMag given the overabudance of all these Turbo 2xAA lites?

First, MiniMag is very compact. Not much bigger than some 1xAA lites.
2nd, It's reliable with twistie. Don't care for multimodes or strobe.
Inexpensive. This combo is $15 or less.
Runs on anything. Junk Carbon-Zinc cells, NiMH, Alkalines of course, should work on Lithium L91s (anyone got runtime?)

The SF 9P speaks for itself, great lite. It's not that it's too bright, there is no such thing as a lite that's too bright. But, I am worried about runtime especially if I am stuck with no spares. I think it gets closer to 3 hours with a very long tail. Great lite outdoors and sometimes indoors.

I agree. Without flats, you have a bit more knurled real estate to hang on to. The flats are in the spirit of the original 9P body.