Surefire A2 Aviator - Switch/Modding Question

brettf4

Newly Enlightened
Hello all - I recently picked up an A2 from the big auction site, and surprise surprise it came in not functioning correctly. The aux LEDs and main lamp work fine if you press the switch, but when screwing the tailcap on only the LEDs come on. It screws all the way snug without activating the main lamp. Looking inside the tailcap it looks like two of those little metal tabs on the switch are broken, so I'm looking for advice. I can't find replacement tailcaps anywhere; I called surefire, checked ebay etc, and I can't find an OEM or aftermarket replacement switch either. Are there any options for me? Are these switches possible to fix? If not, is there another switch I can swap into there?

hamhanded

Enlightened
I have an A2 that developed this problem after a drop. The three tabs in the tailcap are present so I believe it's unrelated. I assume you didn't get this resolved, I'll let you know if I can find a fix...

buickid

Enlightened
Hello all - I recently picked up an A2 from the big auction site, and surprise surprise it came in not functioning correctly. The aux LEDs and main lamp work fine if you press the switch, but when screwing the tailcap on only the LEDs come on. It screws all the way snug without activating the main lamp. Looking inside the tailcap it looks like two of those little metal tabs on the switch are broken, so I'm looking for advice. I can't find replacement tailcaps anywhere; I called surefire, checked ebay etc, and I can't find an OEM or aftermarket replacement switch either. Are there any options for me? Are these switches possible to fix? If not, is there another switch I can swap into there?
What did Surefire say? No more parts available?