Surefire advice

dmz

Enlightened
The 2-stage McE2S will go out of production. This is not a rumor. You can still get them now. There is also the alepha tailcaps from Mcgizmo which have the 2-stage mechanism inside.

Run a search on the 2-stage McE2S and you will discover that you might have to sand down a post in order to alleviate the stiff switch from low to high.

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
L4 (KL4) equals WIDE BRIGHT

L1 (KL1) equals THROW.

If you buy the L1 you cannot change the head you can put the F04 on for a diffuse light.
If you buy the L4 you have the option of adding a KL1 head at a later date and being able to use the KL4 head off the L4 flashlight on a single cell body.

The L1 is a great dual level flashlight with good throw. A very nice light. great for lighting up a dark corner of a room.
The L4 is a great light if you want to light up a room ..a whole room.

If faced with the choice, I would buy an L4. I would then have the option to expand and get a KL1 head and vital gear bodies or single cell surefire bodies for that matter. The Surefire lights give you a whole bunch of flexibility. The L1 is a bit limiting.

Have fun building your Lego flashlight collection. That is what I have done and it grows and grows....
Yaesumofo
DSCN7591smcr.jpg

Fiddleback said:
OK. Been studying the Surefires. I want one with an LED, but I'm torn between the L1, L2, and L4. I read here that the L4 doesn't have much throw, and the L2 has a short runtime. The L1 I like because of the one battery and the two stage design. Is the low setting bright enough? What is everyones impression of the L1?

Last edited:

Fiddleback

Enlightened
Awesome. Thanks. The best part of my deal is that I paid under $100 shipped on ebay. So now I have a little fundage for acessorizing. I think I'm going to get the two stage switch in the sandwich shop to start. I definitely want a one cell body too, and maybe a KL1 head too. Yippie.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
GadgetTravel said:
I have the KL1 head and the KL4 head that I run on various 1 or 2 cell Surefire bodies. I typically use the KL4 on an E2e body with a Pila rechargeable battery and the KL1 on an E1e body with a rechargeable 123 battery.

Same here.

BTW: The L4 puts out a wall of flawless white light that must be seen to be appreciated.

I like the L1 too but for different reasons. Specifically its a good camping light because the low beam replaces the CMG Infinity Ultra I would normally carry for camp chores after dark.

Fiddleback

Enlightened
I figure, for now at least, that I've got my Fenix L1P for that. I do plan to add the two stage switch, and KL1 head just because I'm an addict.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire L1

Does anyone know about Surefire's plans for the L1? are they planning on any changes etc?? colours etc

[font=Arial, Verdana][/font][font=Arial, Verdana][/font][font=Arial, Verdana][/font][font=Arial, Verdana][/font]

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the 2 stage switch still available for the L4? I've been trying to search in the sandwich shoppe forums but haven't had any luck. Could someone post a link?

thanks