Surefire Anodizing Mismatching, worst than ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
FWIW... my old M2 and A2 are color matched very well. My E2L is all funky... olive tailcap, brown/gray bezel and the body is somewhere in between.

carrot

Flashaholic
I think black anodizing has the best look anyway, and IF a buyer is concerned about mismatching (which I'm not) it really is minimal on black finishes. Mismatched anodizing CAN look good but it all depends, sometimes it looks good, other times it doesn't. Ofcourse that's a very subjective thing, mismatched anodizing doesn't affect a lights performence in any way but it is nice to have a matching finish.
I have mismatched black ano.

My E2E-HA-BK body and VME head have shiny black ano, and the E2D tailcap graciously donated to me by Illum has a flat matte black ano :(

It bothered me very briefly when I LEGO'd it together. Then I tucked it into my pocket and forgot about it.

Point Source

Newly Enlightened
On my two E series surefires, the ano mismatch seems to be intentional.

My olive e1e has two distinct ano tints, one light and the other slightly darker, and they alternate from a darker tailcap to a lighter body to a darker bezel base to a lighter bezel crown.

The same is true of my gunmetal grey e2e. Darker tailcap > lighter body > darker bezel base > lighter bezel crown.

It's actually quite pleasing, and I have always assumed it was done intentionally.

My 6P is perfectly matched, by the way. I even ordered a second tailcap for it, and that was a perfect match, too.

DM51

Flashaholic
Some unnecessary off-topic posts have been deleted.

ebow86... I have had to warn you before about your general attitude. You seem to pick fights wherever you go, and it causes threads to be disrupted and closed. If you would just STOP ARGUING with everyone, you would get along much better here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts