Surefire E-series Drop-Ins??

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an OpticsHQ E2e LED replacement head on a SureFire E1L body, with an old E2e tailcap (non-clicky). Driven by one 3.7V AW RCR123A cell. Compact and lightweight, with excellent output. Backup light is a SureFire KL4 head (from an L4, which I reused as described below) on another E1L body, also driven by one AW cell. Tailcap is an flat Aleph tailcap with a McE2S 2-stage switch (60 ohm for low output comparable to a Gladius on its lowest setting). Third light is the former SureFire L4, now with a TNC E2C adapter, a new version of the SureFire 6P bezel (with anti-roll flats and Pyrex window), Deal Extreme DX6090 P60 drop-in, and two AW cells. There is a slight gap between the TNC E2C adapter and the 6P bezel, which I may fill with a SureFire bezel lanyard ring. Or I may switch to a SureFire G2 bezel with flashlightlens.com UCL glass window. The G2 bezel seems to have a smaller gap.

The two "TW4" lights are my two EDC pocket lights. The modified L4 is my EDC bag light.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Got my TLS today. Love everything about it except the fact that somebody rubbed the reflector with something all the way around the top. Doesnt affect the beam any. The size, look, output are just what I was looking for on my E2E-BK. Nice addition to any E2E. Might have to get an E1E now.

10034031qe5.jpg

That is one sweet-looking light. :twothumbs

I have a TLS head on my E2E as well. But it's the HAIII natural head on a standard E2E. A fantastic beam.... from a totally mismatched light.

The black TLS head on your black E2E body and tailcap is a much better color match than what I have. Still, I got my TLS slightly used, for a very good price. And my E2E was just collecting dust.

tango44

Enlightened
Sorry but the TLS head is 1 or 2 levels?
How does it works because Optics HQ says 2 level, but mine is only one???:thinking:
Mine is installed on E2D Executive Defender body and Z68 Crenaleted Clicky tail cap.

Thank you.

mhubble

Enlightened
Sorry but the TLS head is 1 or 2 levels?

Sounds like you got one of the single stage TX2. They made one and two stage versions. What kind of runtimes do you get out of it and what kind of lumens?

tango44

Enlightened
Sounds like you got one of the single stage TX2. They made one and two stage versions. What kind of runtimes do you get out of it and what kind of lumens?

Yes maybe I got the single stage but I will really like the 2 stage.
To be honest the light is on the first pair of Surefire123.
To me looks almost the same compared with the KX2C which I think is 120 Lumens, but we all know how Surefire rates are very conservative.

mhubble

Enlightened
So the NE head will work on a 2 cell body?

Originally Posted by mhubble
Nanotech17, can you run the NITECORE HEAD on a "E" Series body with two CR123?
No. The input voltage range is 2.2V-4.2V.

It will fit but you have to use a special battery.