SureFire E1B still a good buy at $112.00

the badger

Enlightened
After using the new EB1 (I already own the E1B) I am fully satisfied with keeping my amazing, and small, E1B. The whole idea of having a compact EDC light is for it to be small - the EB1 was just a bit too big for my liking. Then again, I'm used to carrying my E1B so maybe that's why. Hopefully the will slim the EB1s down in future versions.

Also, I'm glad I read this topic as I was unaware of the issues with the EB1 and also how it has a declining output vs the E1Bs constant 110 lumens.

skillet

Enlightened
You guys that do have the eb1, what would happen if I put the head on an e2dl body? (Or the defender head on the eb1 body) Would it work? Right now my only "real" flashlight is the e2dl. Thinking about getting an eb1 with tax money, just wondering about the possibilities.

The EB1 is for 1 cell only so you could run it on a 2 cell body, you would just need to use a spacer in place of one battery.

You can run your E2DL head on EB1 body but you will need to use a RCR123 cell. The output will be somewhat less, though..

hatman

Enlightened
After using the new EB1 (I already own the E1B) I am fully satisfied with keeping my amazing, and small, E1B. The whole idea of having a compact EDC light is for it to be small - the EB1 was just a bit too big for my liking. Then again, I'm used to carrying my E1B so maybe that's why. Hopefully the will slim the EB1s down in future versions.

Also, I'm glad I read this topic as I was unaware of the issues with the EB1 and also how it has a declining output vs the E1Bs constant 110 lumens.

Perhaps I missed it, but I would like to see comparison photos of the two Backups, please......thanks.

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
Depends on what you want. Retina searing lumens, you probably want to do the EB1. For flat regulation & great runtime, you're going to be happier with the E1B.

i own (3) E1B's & diffusers. the E1B & the 4sevens mini ml xp-g2 are the only lights I have three each of.