Surefire E2DL single output model (w/beamshots and runtime)

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some say unprotected 17670s will fit. Protected ones won't. Two RCR123s work, too. Your low mode will be a bit brighter than the regular low. The high is pretty much the same, not much difference.

Are you sure the 2xRCR123s are safe?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure the 2xRCR123s are safe?

Well, I didn't keep my E2DL for long, so I don't know what the long-term effects would be on it. I do have a KX2 head that I run 2 RCR123s...and over 10 hrs later, no problems that I know of. The KX2 and E2DL head both have the same type of circuit board.

blinder switch

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire E2DL dual output model (w/pics)

I received my 1st E2DL SF torch yesterday, and I did a little first impressions review from my web site. This torch is much more powerful than I thought it was going to be. As a matter of fact, after about 5 minutes of checking it out I called Kevin from BrightFlashlights in Ocala, Florida and ordered another dual output E2DL and a strike bezel, and he said he had both single and dual output E2DL SF lights still available, but not for long. So I should get my second E2DL this week. I love the E2D's, as I own 2 incans and 1 LED model, with another LED model (E2DL) on the way...damn that's 4 E2D's. I think this E2DL is as nice as my E1B and my 2 ea L1's (2nd Gen). These are my favorite EDC lights, especially the E2DL. That joker is awesome, to say the least.

Anyway here is a review I did on the dual output SureFire model E2DL.

http://www.50magnum.com/e2dl.htm

blinder switch

Chao

Enlightened
chao,

does the surefire e2dl dual output has the same runtime curve as the graph above?

Yes, I did test that, the current dual output version in high level has same runtime curve as the previous single output version I showed above:)

seale_navy

Enlightened
chao.. I need a favour from u..

I would appreciate a lot if u could take some pics of the E2DL with the Z61 tailcap on illustrating the crenallated bezel, I really want to see whether how sharp is it. I am not too much a fan of the bezel and the scalloped tailcap though..

brucec

Enlightened
Well, I'm a bit late to the party, but I just received my dual output E2DL. Wow, this light is a crazy bright scorcher! It easily outthrows my Malkoff M60 and it is at least comparable if not brighter in a ceiling bounce test. The E2DL's beam is tight and even and is free of the slight donut hole in the center of the M60 hotspot. The tint is very white and neutral even when viewed in daylight. I find it hard to believe the low is only 5 lumens. Perhaps the 5/120 is more like 10/240.

For those of you that are turned off by the teeth, MIK does great dental work. I held out for a long time on this light because of the silly bezel teeth, but MIK did a great job in taking care of that.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2874413

SnakeEyes20

Newly Enlightened
i was wondering if anyone knows if they make any aftermarket tail cap switches that include a strobe feature for the e2dl? or where i might get a customized tailcap switch that would enable me to add a strobe feature without losing the 2 stage (5/120 lumen) switch? thanks for the info