Surefire E3e?

Illum

Flashaholic
not to go off beat but that jr luxeon is just screaming for accessories.:laughing:

hm...I wonder if the E3e design evolved into the L2 we see and know today:eek:
Either way I DEMAND Surefire E series turboheads:nana:

Size15's

Flashaholic
hm...I wonder if the E3e design evolved into the L2 we see and know today:eek:
Nope. The L2 was around long before that three-SF123A body proto-type.
Anyway, completely different concepts. The L2, L1, A2 are all about the two-stage pressure switch and the opportunities it allows.

Either way I DEMAND Surefire E series turboheads:nana:
If you seriously want that then you'll need to knock several current things off the drawing board and I'd much rather SureFire work on their next-gen LED products - for example an evolution of their U2 platform - something like the UA2 or UB2 concepts.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
If only I had such easy access to SureFire's drawing board...

Regards,
Tempest

Which reminds me, I need to check the job postings on Surefire's website...

I'm loving that e series turbo head as well!

Why doesn't someone take up the monumental task of borrowing the one shown, measuring it, drawing it in cad, and absorbing the initial cost of getting them made?:D

If I win the lottery, I promise I'll get a run made.:tinfoil:

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
we have a dealer who has 2 and 3 cell E sized bodies, that take E sized tailcaps and C/P sized heads.

i bought one of the 3 cell bodies, to make a E3E but with a Cree led drop in up front.

P1010013.jpg

P1010020.jpg

Grant from G & R tactical has them.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bi...lates/FullNav/SearchResult.html&category=GRTA

FlashlightKid

Newly Enlightened
SureFire have never released a three-SF123A E-Series body, and since they didn't make a "9V" incandescent Lamp Assembly for the E-Series, and have long since stopped developing incandescent lamps, they never will.

I seriously doubt SureFire will ever release a three-SF123A body E-Series body for their LED bezels.

Sorry this is kinda off topic, but does this mean that SF will eventually replace all of there incan lights with LED ones?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Sorry this is kinda off topic, but does this mean that SF will eventually replace all of there incan lights with LED ones?
I think key to phasing out incandescents altogther will be the ability to use 'solid state' (LED) solutions to replicate the advantages incandescents still have over the current so-called "white" light LEDs.
Without wanting to get into a debate about this (it's covered elsewhere) SureFire users still use incandescents for colour-rendition, especially under certain atmospheric conditions (smoke, dust, fog etc), and to be able to transition from IR to white light by the flick-open of a BeamFilter.
Once LEDs can be tuned to produce the exact spread of frequencies desired at the push of a button or twist of a dial then I think that SureFire will consider phasing out their incandescent models.
Imagine an LED that can be producing full[er] spectrum white light one moment and at the twist of a dial on the flashlight be producing IR light, and with a further twist be producing blue light (etc). Now that would be a Kroma!

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imagine an LED that can be producing full[er] spectrum white light one moment and at the twist of a dial on the flashlight be producing IR light, and with a further twist be producing blue light (etc). Now that would be a Kroma!

That would be quite something :) I wonder how far away we are from it being a reality?

Regards,
Tempest

Illum

Flashaholic
That would be quite something :) I wonder how far away we are from it being a reality?

Regards,
Tempest

If a full spectrum LED does come out and its performance is better than the best high CRI LEDs currently available it will render all the LEDs we know in existence to be "old technology" except for the efficiency ratings:party:

I hope that does happen...imagine the sudden price drops on the old LEDs? $1 for a CREE Q5:naughty:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have wanted an E3E forever. The closest I have ever come to owning one is the VG FB3, it's really the perfect EDC for me with a Lumens Factory EO-E2R and two of AW's protected 17500 lithium ion batteries.

The closest I have ever seen an E3E is the turbohead pictures in this thread and the UBH (Universal Battery Holder).

ugrey

Enlightened
I always wanted an E3e also, so I bought a G&R 3 battery tube with a Z44 and a P91 lamp assembly. It has been a good light. I am sorry SF missed my money on the E3e. I would have bought at least one.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got myself an E3e.

Well not exactly, but fairly close, about all it needs is a pocket clip and the Surefire logo on the side:

surefire2aa.jpg

Z52, UBH 2AA/3CR123a body, early non-crenulated E2e bezel, Lumens Factory EO-E2R 150 lumen lamp assembly.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm afraid they are long discontinued. I purchased it off of JRE's "odds" flashlights webpage last week. I suspected the body was a UBH, but I wasn't sure until I got it. I'm not ENTIRELY sure it is a UBH as the knurling pattern on mine is different than others I've seen. But I'm about 99% sure. I don't know what else it would be. It came with a sleeve for running 2AA's. :popcorn:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/d.speck/UBH-Infopage/

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
It certainly sounds and looks like a UBH. It appears to have much nicer anodizing than mine, which is so light it's almost clear. Nice piece.