Surefire E57 tailcap just failed on me!

nilfire77

Newly Enlightened
My barely used E1e executive tailcap just failed on me! I mean, this is truly absurd for such a "high end" flashlight! What do I do now? How difficult would international RMA be, since I'm not residing in the US. Any advice from fellow CPFers? *Sad*

Mikeg23

Enlightened
The older Z57 were a common failure item, the newer design is more robust. In the US it's a fairly simple process to get it warrantied not sure about outside of the US.

Roger999

Enlightened
I'm in Australia and had a great experience with SF through an email, I had a tailcap which was very stiff and they just sent me a brand new tailcap. Though many people say they tend to take a while to respond to emails.

nilfire77

Newly Enlightened
Seems like SF's customer service is impressive to say the least. Already sent them an email, awaiting their reply... :) Thanks guys!

red_hackle

Enlightened
Seems like SF's customer service is impressive to say the least.

+1

Just lost the contact spring on my Z58 tailcap a little while ago... I sent their Customer Service an email, took a few days for them to respond, but now a whole new tailcap is in the mail! Only asked me to confirm my delivery address... very impressive indeed and IMHO a big selling point! :thumbsup:

iwolf81

Newly Enlightened
The tailcap on my two year old E1L just failed me, and SF customer service is sending me a new one at no-charge! I'm now using my even older, backup E1E with KX1 head. Ira

iwolf81

Newly Enlightened
I received my replacement tailcap from SF yesteday. I forgot what fresh knurling felt like... the knurling on the body is smooth and shiny compared to that of the grippy tailcap.

Thanks Surefire!!!
Ira

The tailcap on my two year old E1L just failed me, and SF customer service is sending me a new one at no-charge! I'm now using my even older, backup E1E with KX1 head. Ira

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
My barely used E1e executive tailcap just failed on me! I mean, this is truly absurd for such a "high end" flashlight! What do I do now? How difficult would international RMA be, since I'm not residing in the US. Any advice from fellow CPFers? *Sad*

It's be interesting to see your old tail-cap (the guts). The only SF I ever had fail was an old Z57. The newer one's have a steel ring around the "guts" that's keeps them together...the old one's would break from being brittle. I only say this to bear the point, that SF took the time to figure out what was wrong and do a permanent fix. I recieved a new tail-cap in 5-Days...to Iraq of all places! Hope they help ya out
!

Latest posts