Surefire G2X Pro clearance at Walmart

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the tail cap work with this light? Is it the older style where you push for momentary and twist/tighten for constant on or the newer style with a clicky? Sadly it seems like the old "tactical style" is going away replaced by the clicky. It's ironic since I used to like the clicky but only the last couple years became a convert to the old style version.

Maybe it's because I never used that twist style, but that seemed ridiculous to me. How could it be "tactical" if you could momentary, but then required a second hand to fully twist it on to stay on? I personally like the new G2X Pro. I feel it does everything the "tactical" one does and more as it only takes a fraction of a second more to get to full output momentary or constant on if you want it. The newest tactical one is still a twist for constant right? I only have the Pro model.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Maybe it's because I never used that twist style, but that seemed ridiculous to me. How could it be "tactical" if you could momentary, but then required a second hand to fully twist it on to stay on? I personally like the new G2X Pro. I feel it does everything the "tactical" one does and more as it only takes a fraction of a second more to get to full output momentary or constant on if you want it. The newest tactical one is still a twist for constant right? I only have the Pro model.

I'm not a high speed "tactical" type of guy in the least bit, but I'm pretty sure the reasoning behind the momentary switch is if you are injured or drop the light, it goes out, instead of remaining lit, possibly lighting you up, or giving away your position.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason for the momentary (non clicky) is to flash and move, flash and move, flash and move. Also, fresh eddie fresh is correct in that if you drop the light, etc, the light will go out and not "give you away".

That's especially important if you're using the light as a WML. When using a light in conjunction with a firearm everyone is trained to use the light briefly, then move. Not good to stand on a two way firing range with a light on. I'm not hi-speed or low-drag by any means!:whistle: I like the momentary-on-the-button, twist-for-constant because it greatly minimizes the risk of the light coming on in your pocket or pack and running the battery down. When I first started carrying my JETBeam BC10 for EDC I was just dropping it into my jeans pocket. One night I was at the multiplex, about an hour into a movie when I felt my thigh getting really warm. Sure enough, the JETBeam had turned on in my pants pocket. Not sure how long it had been on but it was pretty hot! Luckily I noticed before the battery was dead. Had this happened in a backpack while camping I'd never noticed it til it was dead.

mr_tirant

Newly Enlightened
I went to my local walmart and g2 was not on sale but the 6px defender was for $45..took one just because of the price
a38d0469b44e6498dc66b52c81ebf919.jpg

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local wally's was almost 100% sold out, 2 lights marked down left. Zero G2, G2x.... oh well.

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
I haven't seen any at my local Walmarts unfortunately. :(
I'll have to check the ones on the other side of the city sometime.