Surefire G2X Pro REVIEW

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like your signature! And I just ordered another black one. I wonder if Surefire can put a cool white LED in..? I might ask.

I think SureFire was opting for a more consumer based output with the "Pro" model. And the crowd (that for years demanded whiter light bulbs) now prefers the more subdued tint it has because... the crowd now demands more of an incan look. Go figure.

Now the Streamlight Polytac will get you that pure white you seek. And its ten tap system allows you to turn it into a low/high light like the G2x Pro. Plus they cost less.

But this is about the G2x so I won't stray too far off that course. Frankly I like them both. For 'round the house, general use the SureFire eye pleasing tint gets the nod. But for times when I figure white tint is best I go for the Polytac.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I've definitely found a liking for simplicity now.
do you have the 200 lumen version? I've heard the XP-E is cooler white than the 320 lumen G2X

No, both are 320lm versions(the cooler G2X is just a tad brighter but both are definitely more than 300lm initially). And the LEDs are not the same, which is visible on this photo:

Last edited:

arKmm

Enlightened
Thanks for the review :)

Have a yellow G2X Pro and the LE version. My Pro does take the KP 16650 but my LE won't. Took off the sticker but it's still too tight.
I have an LE and use KP16650 with no issues. I didn't even have to remove the label.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! A SF I actually really like that does not cost 4 times what its worth!! Great review! What emitter is in it?

arKmm

Enlightened
I think the LE uses XPL? Unsure about the pro.

I've been using the LE as my duty belt torch for the last year or so (I'm a police officer) and have just bought a Pro in yellow for my girlfriend who is a paramedic.

Last edited:

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
WOW! A SF I actually really like that does not cost 4 times what its worth!! Great review! What emitter is in it?
After seeing and experiencing SF customer service and feeling the durability of this, I think they're worth the price. I never thought I'd say that but once I tried them out.. Wow. It's something you need to experience to believe!

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
its rare I buy CR123 only lights as that gets expensive but I think Im gonna bite on this one.

Get a KeepPower 16650 for a G2X pro. They are tight, but do fit. You can charge them just like 18650's too. Then you can just keep some CR123s for it for emergencies.

bezel

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if an Orbtronic 16650 might fit more consistently. I only have experience with them in Sirefire E series but they seem to fit the same as CR123As to me.

Great review and I'm glad to see a single rechargeable cell is an option.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the LE. If I were to mount it to a weapon, I'd do the single mode mod. It takes too long to revert back to high mode, IMHO.
The durability and reliability is there,though.

arKmm

Enlightened
I have the LE. If I were to mount it to a weapon, I'd do the single mode mod. It takes too long to revert back to high mode, IMHO.
The durability and reliability is there,though.
Agreed. If I was weapon mounting I'd probably go for the G2X Tactical instead as its single mode.

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
I agree. The one mode would be best in my opinion for weapon mounting, then you could have the LE or Pro as a backup. That's what I would do!