Surefire L5 vs Surefire C2L...

Greg_Jones

Newly Enlightened
The L5 is still being sold on the website but with an updated "KL5A" head which gives similar output with longer runtimes. Surefire analysts believe this new head is a transitional stage between the old L5 and a possible replacement. As for the C2L vs L5 debate, it seems that there is enough personal preference involved to make the two lights different to the consumer.

I agree, the L5 with the KL5A head is still on the web site as is the L4, but neither appear in the 2008 catalog. Conversely, the C2L (and the T1A Titan, UA2, UB2, etc.) do not yet appear on the web site although they are in the catalog. It will be interesting to see if the L4 and L5 models remain on the web site after it has been updated with all the new lights announced in the catalog.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yep, the C2L as with SureFire's other LEDified range is an update from the incandescent version. The dedicated LED bezels such used by the L5 are a different breed and I agree there is sufficient different to offer a real and credible choice between models.

Al

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
now i guess all that really remains to be seen is when they update the site... any rumors Al? :sssh:

Crenshaw