Surefire M3T Headed My Way

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
[emoji106] thanks

Does anyone make a 2AA LED drop in for the M3 head. Would be cool to have a long runtime setup in a classic surefire.

Maybe you could talk to Dave/Nailbender. Perhaps he has a low voltage driver he can use for a special order D36 drop in.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. Had two. Tried them, sold them. It just isn't an M3 if it is LED.

Very well said. Before I sold my M3, I tried a MD10 and went back to the MN10. Like you said, the incandescent output is part of what makes the light so great. 2x17500 batteries is really all you need with a M3.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very well said. Before I sold my M3, I tried a MD10 and went back to the MN10. Like you said, the incandescent output is part of what makes the light so great. 2x17500 batteries is really all you need with a M3.

I gotta say, even though this is in the incan section and we're talking about an incan light, I'm very happy with my Nailbender D36 unit that I have in my stock M3 head. After some trial and error of getting the unit fitted in the bezel, the tint is just beautiful and it works like a champ. After going back and forth with Dave, I got the Nichia 4500k 92Cri. It's a nice warm brilliant white, like the MN11 I had in it when I got it, just with a perfectly round hotspot. I never warmed up to the football shaped hotspot.