Surefire M6 incan vs. MD Hound Dog XPG vs. MD Hound Dog XML

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a good sized thrower, and I'm wondering which of these throws furthest? If someone has experience with all three, can you chime in?

Thanks!

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
There is an old thread that highlights how far the Incan M6 throws with different bulb / battery options. Personally I think that it is ok up to maybe 100 yards.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

FILIPPO

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M6 is everything but a thrower.. It's a great light with a lot of power but not designed as a thrower...

LEDs are great with their really low power conumption but not as great with color rendition... I'd go for the incan route if you can live with (maybe) a shorter runtime..

i don't own any of the two MDs light you listed so i can't compare but.. May i suggest a great incan thrower like solarforce 1200? Maybe it's a little bit too big (long) compared to an M6 but it can throw with it's deep reflector!

jellydonut

Enlightened
The M6 might not be intended as a thrower but I find it is a better thrower than the HD XPG. I don't have the XM-L to compare.

I do use various bulbs, primarily lumensfactory, so my impression is colored by that. The stock high-output bulb is more of a barn scorcher than a spotlight bulb.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M6 might not be intended as a thrower but I find it is a better thrower than the HD XPG. I don't have the XM-L to compare.

I do use various bulbs, primarily lumensfactory, so my impression is colored by that. The stock high-output bulb is more of a barn scorcher than a spotlight bulb.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I know the M6 may not be designed as a thrower, but it out throws many LEDs out there, even those that are 3-4 times as bright.

I'll have to look into the LF bulbs... Thanks for the response!