Surefire M951 attachment?

bstrickler

Enlightened
I'm obtaining a Surefire M951 today, but it's missing the attachment for mounting to the weaver rail. I was wondering if there was any way to obtain just the mount, or if I have to have someone make one.

I'm obtaining a Surefire M951 today, but it's missing the attachment for mounting to the weaver rail. I was wondering if there was any way to obtain just the mount, or if I have to have someone make one.
Yes but they are not exactly easy to find. The stock one is a Surefire M49 thumbscrew, although ARMS and Larue make throw lever ones too.

Yes but they are not exactly easy to find. The stock one is a Surefire M49 thumbscrew, although ARMS and Larue make throw lever ones too.

Thank you! Couldn't figure out the part number for it, and haven't had the time to E-mail Surefire yet. Found them on several websites for a fairly low price ($20-$30). Definitely see no need for spending $100+ on a lever one, since it'll be staying on my rifle all the time.

Now to find the tapeswitch for a fair price. Know if the Solarforce tapeswitch (not the tailcap) is compatible?

~Brian

I think only the Surefire tapeswitch is compatible. Unless you change the whole tailcap. If you are going to be using it for any type of duty use on your rifle, I would stick with a SF tailcap and tapeswitch. The tapeswitches are found for a decent price if you look, you should try and get the newer style they seem a little more durable.

I was originally thinking you would want to run a ST07 type switch with your XM00 tailcap. BUT that SR07 would be an excellent choice for an AR as well! There was an older ST07 style that is not as molded. The newer version seems to work a little better.

Another reason I <3 Surefire... They just sent me a brand new XM00 in the mail!

Their prices may be high, but what you pay for is the warranty.

Now to find a tapeswitch.