Surefire P3X 1000 lumens!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does the job very well, no nonsense and comes on when you want it to. Check out the runtimes in earlier posts, as with rechargeables there's no visible dimming out. Just light or no light.
I seriously prefer my Oveready Mini Turbohead, it actually makes me smile when I use it - every night, this time of year, but the P3X does what it says on the tin.
P

Almost forgot...

:welcome:

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or, youtube the P3X and there's. VERY NICE heavily knurled version that SHOULD be coming out. If it does come to fruition, that baby may be worth waiting for.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or, youtube the P3X and there's. VERY NICE heavily knurled version that SHOULD be coming out. If it does come to fruition, that baby may be worth waiting for.

Been waiting a year.

Silly SF :poke:

Also, since you're reading.. WE WANT THAT VARIABLE SWITCH! TAKE OUR MONEY!

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
VERY NICE heavily knurled version ...
Exactly what all the X-series lights need.

Image-9853934-230368843-2-Web_0_7492669fadd3e80719a52af21ff440c8_1

... that SHOULD be coming out.
I've bought, sold & followed SF for over a decade. It's almost a certainty that the SHOT show versions may never make it into production. Not just the P3X but at least a dozen others that were shown at SHOT over the years.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly what all the X-series lights need.

Image-9853934-230368843-2-Web_0_7492669fadd3e80719a52af21ff440c8_1

I've bought, sold & followed SF for over a decade. It's almost a certainty that the SHOT show versions may never make it into production. Not just the P3X but at least a dozen others that were shown at SHOT over the years.

Thanks for keeping the hope alive Barry...... :nana:

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
Hey guys! I'm not an owner of a P3X, but i do have a modded 6PX. Just thought i would let you know that Lumens Factory now makes an adapter that allows the use of a Surefire M head onto any X body. I've already ordered one from them. Also ordered a TnC Detonator extender from Ogazent. Now i gotta figure out which M head to run. Good luck w/ all your future mods, maybe an M3X? :eek:oo:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, SF P3X Fury just landed. Packaging reads "1.5h @ 1,000 Lumens" FL1 Standard.

This has to be a misprint correct? We have the website that states 2.25hrs and many runtime charts @ 2.25 hrs.

Can someone please confirm? Anyone have one that states on the packaging 2.25?

MUCH appreciated.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you read through the flashlightquide review? His results match more closely with 2.25 hours, though hardly at what I'd personally consider to be 1000 lumens.

I'm glad you received it. How do you like it so far?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you read through the flashlightquide review? His results match more closely with 2.25 hours, though hardly at what I'd personally consider to be 1000 lumens.

I'm glad you received it. How do you like it so far?

Im well aware of the step down, flashightguide is daily reading for me. :) Light levels off @ around 600ish lumens. I fully understand.

The discrepicency is the packaging says 1.5 while the SF site says 2.25. Just wondering if this is an overun of packaging thing where they have so many printed it fiscally dosen't make sense to reprint.

That said. THIS LIGHT IS AWESOME.

What are your thoughts on the specs griz?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E2DLU has the same kind of output reduction, and I've never noticed it in actual usage.

If I came across one for the right price, I'd definitely think hard about getting it. I'm definitely a 3-cell fan, with quite a few 9Ps, Charlies, and MD3s.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I dig it.

I was wondering what you thought about what the packaging states vs whats posted everywhere else?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea why the packaging wouldn't jive with what's posted on the website. Your idea of old card stock sounds as legit as anything I'd come up with.

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened
FL1 Standard is to 10% max lumen value, which in this case is 100 lumens. This is reached in 1.5 hours. The web site list tactical runtime of 2.25 hours. Surefire considers 50 lumens to be the tactical threshold. This means it takes 45 minutes before the output goes from 100 lumens to 50 lumens.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
FL1 Standard is to 10% max lumen value, which in this case is 100 lumens. This is reached in 1.5 hours. The web site list tactical runtime of 2.25 hours. Surefire considers 50 lumens to be the tactical threshold. This means it takes 45 minutes before the output goes from 100 lumens to 50 lumens.

Thanks a bunch, Been busy and have waited for this light for awhile now. If this makes sense: It's like you know the answer but your to distracted on something else to acknowledge it. Than someone says it out loud and you think "I knew that, why the heck didn't that register!?"

I wonder how long I would have known-not, if someone didn't spell it out for me. :laughing:

Time for my meds! :eek:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the Fury, the ring right under the "Caution Hot Surface" I noticed this to be completely sealed on my P2X. On this one it looks like half of it is sealed and then it stops and the other half is not. Almost like a perfectly matching glue. Its the size of a thread. Anyone have something similar? I noticed after a wash then a thorough dry, water seeps out of this area. Although no water ingress that I can tell. Is there an o ring in there? I don't think there is, Im thinking just some form of epoxy.

This is a real deal question, not a - I want to test it in a bucket and post it on youtube. This thing will be exposed to water in BFE and I need 0 issues.

Anyone? P2X / P3X dosen't matter, trying to figure that little ring / seal deal out.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: I dialed in that epoxy gap, it is perfectly even. I checked over the other lights at shot and this seems to be 100% normal variation in manufacturing, but my OCD must have perfection at any cost! The rep explained that when the gap was there that was irrelivant as the threads end at a seal anyway. Good to know, so if you have the same no worries.

OR Post:

30 seconds out of the package it turned black, then the head screwed itself off (easily) and the light started to disassemble itself like something out of transformers.

A few notes: You can see the epoxy inconsistency I was talking about on the bezel, I have tried to force air through the light without luck so it seems it just didn't make it to the edge to fill the gap completely but is still appears well sealed. You may also notice the board itself looks "flaky", I was shocked at first until I realized there is a small amount of adhesive applied to the black shock ring and it's just left over after removal. It seems to be more part of the assembly process to hold the ring there than it is to do so permanently. This is 110% unnoticeable unless you disassemble your head. It also has 0 potential of causing any sort of problem whatsoever so no worries there. The black comes right off and is just an eyesore that you can't see... That said I was amazed at the overall quality of the circuit pill and head itself, it is all self contained and plugs right in like a wall socket. This setup seems VERY robust and easily serviceable should something go wrong. They just pop it open, put a new pill in, close it back up with what is supposed to be locktite ;) and off it goes. Everything came back together better than when I got it, cleaned and lubed right up. LOVE the light.

xxxxxxxx_zps5723d386.jpg

xxxxxx_zps1f669e1f.jpg

xxxxxxx_zpsbf319035.jpg

xxxx_zpse8b94a19.jpg

xxx_zpsc51d5ef6.jpg

xxxxxxxxx_zps6f60dc01.jpg

xx_zps072d4661.jpg

xxxxx_zpsf2148f75.jpg

NEWSFTAIL_zps04747965.jpg

I did not take after photos as it was cumbersome to get these up, but the light came together perfectly and thoroughly cleaned and lubed.

Last edited:

Latest posts