surefire stiletto pro 2

GregNYC

Newly Enlightened
I have the Stiletto and Pro. I'm not that knowledgeable about flashlights, but I really like the size, weight, flat form-factor and side-switch. Fits into my pocket, easy to deploy. I will definitely go for the Pro II when it comes out. USB-C will be good as well.

dddrees

Newly Enlightened
I have the Stiletto and Pro. I'm not that knowledgeable about flashlights, but I really like the size, weight, flat form-factor and side-switch. Fits into my pocket, easy to deploy. I will definitely go for the Pro II when it comes out. USB-C will be good as well.
I've seen a few Stiletto Pro 2s out on a couple of different websites. In fact I purchased one. They just aren't out on the SureFire website yet.

GregNYC

Newly Enlightened
I've seen a few Stiletto Pro 2s out on a couple of different websites. In fact I purchased one. They just aren't out on the SureFire website yet.
Did it arrive? I saw a few sites with "Get Notified" but didn't see a place with the Pro II in stock. I'll check again....

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I bought mine from ebay from the following seller for $341:
opticsplanetarium

I've seen it on a few sites since then.
I'd advise a great deal of caution buying from Optics Planet. Not calling them a scam site. But I've had enough personal dealings with O.P. that I can honestly say something is very, very wrong with them. Haven't ordered from them in a handful of years, and never will again.

dddrees

Newly Enlightened
I'd advise a great deal of caution buying from Optics Planet. Not calling them a scam site. But I've had enough personal dealings with O.P. that I can honestly say something is very, very wrong with them. Haven't ordered from them in a handful of years, and never will again.
I've come across some negative reviews actually. Thing is this was through eBay with the eBay guarantee and they do have a good rating on eBay. That and I used my credit card so I figured I was sufficiently protected but thanks for the concern.

Bottom line I have the flashlight in my position so it all worked out for me.

Last edited:

GregNYC

Newly Enlightened
I bought mine from ebay from the following seller for $341:
opticsplanetarium

I've seen it on a few sites since then.
It's now $381 on eBay. I think I'll wait a bit for the price to come down, when more vendors get stock.

How do you like it? Do you have the previous version(s)? I have to say that the Stilettos are my most comfortable and easy and fast flashlights to use.

dddrees

Newly Enlightened
It's now $381 on eBay. I think I'll wait a bit for the price to come down, when more vendors get stock.

How do you like it? Do you have the previous version(s)? I have to say that the Stilettos are my most comfortable and easy and fast flashlights to use.
That's probably because those selling it at $341 are gone.

Random thoughts I know but this is what I have now.

I don't have any of the previous versions but I did look at and compare the previous versions in regards to specs and what I could find on YouTube. The main reasons I chose to pay more was because this one is USBC, and of course it's higher output. Because it is USBC I can charge it much faster. Not sure how good that is in the long run but I am using the same charger I use on my IPad and I've never had an issue on IPad charging it with a faster charger. So even though I thought about getting the Pro those are the two things that made my mind up. I was fortunate that at the time I was looking for a flat flashlight this one was just about to be released. The only one I would even seriously consider would be the SureFire Stiletto Pro. The Stiletto with it's lowest of three output, polymer body, isn't something I would even seriously consider not when the other two are possible.

I've only played with it a bit so I haven't completely looked at everything. I don't think I will ever need to take advantage of its programming capabilities but I think I want to revisit this just to make sure. I think if you're taking a look at how much this cost if this isn't necessary to you then you may want to consider something cheaper. The Olight Arkfeld Pro for example from a YouTube I saw was comparable to the SureFire Stiletto Pro with regards to output, not as good but comparable. Point being you are paying a premium for the SureFire Stiletto Pro 2. For me personally I have no problem paying a bit more for something like this without using that, but that's not the case for everybody. I don't like the rubber cover over the charging port and I have seen reviews where someone tested its ability to go underwater and that never works well. Not that that's something I need, but I don't like the rubber cover and I would prefer something different. I'm not going to remove it because I don't roll that way and besides I don't need dust and dirt getting in there, but I would prefer something else.

I do kind of like the form factor although I was surprised by it's size in person. I thought it might be longer but I never actually paid enough attention to the specs. It works especially for an EDC pocket flashlight, I'm just used to something a smidge longer. I don't think I will have a problem getting used to that. I personally like that this one has two lights where the other two only have one. I'm sure it increases the spill and I consider that a good thing. As well I think it simply just look better than the other two with only one light. It seemed to run out of power very quickly, but then again I have no way to know how much charge it had exactly when I got it. It was on green but maybe it was on low green??? Anyway I charged it last night and this is part of the thing I am looking at. I'm used to my Fenix with a 18650 so we will see.

At this point I have no regrets with my choice. I don't think I would mind getting the Olight Arkfeld Pro as well just because of the three different lights you get. But that would never be my first choice because you simply don't get as much light with that one and that's the main reason for me getting a flashlight. It has different modes which I will use but I want something with the most light I can get as well when needed. The SureFire Stiletto Pro 2 would have always been my first choice based on the flat Flashlights I have seen. They do have a Nite Core with more light but I am hearing that it gets hot and there was one review where they said the buttons didn't always function that easily. It has a nice OLED screen with various statuses which would be nice to have but if it gets hot and the buttons aren't easy to use I'll just pass. I could be wrong but this is stuff I was hearing so far. The Stream light Wedge for the fact you have to keep pressing the switch to get full light isn't something I would want to use.

I'm convinced at this point I made the right choice for me.

Last edited:

GregNYC

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your thoughts dddrees. I too like the flat ergonomics of the original Stiletto. I actually prefer the polymer case to the aluminum case of the Pro (I have both). It's lighter and grippier, plus I never put these things through hard use. I'm not crazy about the rubber cap on the charging port, but a lot of rechargeables have those, don't they?

On the Pro II, I like the higher output and USB-C charging. I totally don't mind the USD $300+ price, but I'd rather not be gouged at this time with a $381 price. But I bet that soon that won't be the only price....

I have a few Arkfelds, one with UV and one with a green laser. They're OK. The UI is intuitive. I have a USB hub with a dedicated line for the Olight round charger, and it's got a green light so I can find it easily. What I don't like is the exposed magnetic tailcap. I use mechanical and automatic wristwatches, and not all of them are magnetic resistant. I don't want them anywhere near exposed magnets. But I do use the UV to inspect and charge the lume on my watches. So I use the Arkfeld with caution....

dddrees

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your thoughts dddrees. I too like the flat ergonomics of the original Stiletto. I actually prefer the polymer case to the aluminum case of the Pro (I have both). It's lighter and grippier, plus I never put these things through hard use. I'm not crazy about the rubber cap on the charging port, but a lot of rechargeables have those, don't they?

On the Pro II, I like the higher output and USB-C charging. I totally don't mind the USD $300+ price, but I'd rather not be gouged at this time with a $381 price. But I bet that soon that won't be the only price....

I have a few Arkfelds, one with UV and one with a green laser. They're OK. The UI is intuitive. I have a USB hub with a dedicated line for the Olight round charger, and it's got a green light so I can find it easily. What I don't like is the exposed magnetic tailcap. I use mechanical and automatic wristwatches, and not all of them are magnetic resistant. I don't want them anywhere near exposed magnets. But I do use the UV to inspect and charge the lume on my watches. So I use the Arkfeld with caution....
Yeah, i get it. I never meant that $381 was something I would be willing to pay. In fact I figured $341 wasn't the best I would be able to find but my excitement got the best of me. I don't know how many we will see and how quickly and that was the other reason I jumped when I did. I saw the one for $381 but I also saw the one for $341 so it wasn't as big of an issue for me.

The Arkfeld would never be my primary light it would only be a curiosity at best for me. I really don't have or need that many lights in the first place but I just happened to come across a few lately and decided to get a few. The other was a SureFire Furry Intellibeam which so happens to be headed as we speak back to SureFire. I can see the few things you mentioned about the Arkfeld making it an issue for some. Heck I don't particularly care for the proprietary charger myself, but as I said it wouldn't be much more than a toy for me if I decide to get one so I would probably be able to get over that.

Bigmark408

Newly Enlightened
Received mine today, amazing in comparison to my old Pro.

I have EDC1-DFT , EDC2-DFT , now the Pro 2

All 3 are outstanding 🔥🔥🔥

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
pro 2 made it on surefire's site as well as beginning to show up at authorized dealers; ordered from midway this weekend and wait begins.

Bigmark408

Newly Enlightened
IMG_1534.jpeg