Surefire U2 Holster/Case

wmugrad28

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

1. Does anyone know of a really good case or holster for the U2? Surefire says that it does not make one for it. Please provide the link if possible.

2. Have any of you used Surefire's beam cover for the U2?

3. My biggest concern with buying a U2 is losing it. Is there a good marker that could be used to write a phone number on it that would come off later if wanted?

wmugrad28

socom45

Newly Enlightened
I have had to have a holster for mine custom made by Mitch Rosen. It has taken some time, but I've been told it will be ready for shipment soon. I'll let you know when I get it and how it is.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. I use a Maxpedition 5" tube sheath.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/m5tush.html

BUT I took off the clip so my U2 can fit in this holster, not sure if you are fan of clip, I am not one.

2. Nope.

3. Take a photo of serial number and possibly stick P.O.C information into the tube? I left mine in a chemistry lab and thankfully got it back the next week. I wasn't overly concerned but the thought of losing it again gives me a little bit of the shakes. I can't clip a lanyard onto my U2 (did when I ahd the clip) but now I have a holster so I don't need the clip.

Jason

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
I got the Surefire Cordura Nylon V20, which is recommended in the Surefire
2005 catalog and costs $12.00. The U2 seemed a little long for this holster
and the Velcro flap barley closed. I had to remove some V shaped stitching
on the bottom of the holster and it fits very well now.

I don't understand why they recommend this holster in their catalog, but
not on their website ...................... :thinking:

Last edited:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ripoffs CO-181 fits the U2 perfectly. Bezel up carry. Well made and with one of the best belt clips going.

Last edited:

Luxman

Enlightened
Mitch Rosen makes EXCELLENT gun holsters!!
IMO..none better... Beautiful workmanship!
I would think its best to wait on socom's report on the Mitch Rosen holster..
For me...I say thanks socom! I will be calling Mitch Rosen today and ordering one! :)

AESOP

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a SF V31 holster. It was a couple of inches too long, however I had it trimmed down using an electric hot knife. Fits just as if it was made for it. You can probably get it cut down at any skydiving riggers or place that works with webbing.

Hope it helps.

Michael

socom45

Newly Enlightened
Luxman,

Hi, If you are interested... I'll pm you, as well as put up a post as soon as I receive the holster from Mitch. In case you've talked to them, and they don't seem too interested in making one... this holster isn't a normal item they do, plus Mitch said with there being different diameters in regards to the body itself, he stated it might be a bit loose and he didn't want to put a lot of time into it if this was the case... which I can understand. Given his reputation and the fact that I'd had him make a custom holster for an HK USP45 tactical a few years ago, I wouldn't have gone anywhere else to have it done because he does do really nice work. On this particular deal though, I had to talk extra nice to them and have had to be really patient (due to this being a non standard item), and had to send them my U2 for this to be done...It has taken some time..but knowing Mitch I think it will be worth the wait. Will have to see when it gets here. I'm looking at another 2-3 weeks (hopefully less) by the time it gets shipped to me here. I will however, let all of you know the results when I get it in my paws as well as try to send a pic.

socom45

Newly Enlightened
Hey Everyone, I've got pics of the finished U2 Holster by Mitch Rosen and will send the link to anyone wanting it... All I ask is that you DO NOT POST the link into the forum...as it was done as a favor and I was asked not to post it on the forum. The holster was made exclusively by Mitch Rosen for the U2 and I've been told it holds the U2 securely. Let me know if you want the link and I'll PM it to you. Thanks All.

a99raptors

Enlightened
Try the Streamlight holster that Lighthound is selling. I think it should be a pretty nice fit, and can fit most other 6V Surefire lights out there.

socom45

Newly Enlightened
Can you tell me if it is a leather holster or a nylon? I'll have to talk to john...I have a really nice one from mitch for my 6p but I'm a bit disappointed with the overall build of the one for the U2.

a99raptors

Enlightened
socom45 said:
Can you tell me if it is a leather holster or a nylon? I'll have to talk to john...I have a really nice one from mitch for my 6p but I'm a bit disappointed with the overall build of the one for the U2.

The Streamlight holster is made of nylon.

tracker870

Enlightened
I use a Spec Ops Deluxe Light Sheath with shine-thru bottom.
That feature isn't much use, because to fit the U2, it needs to be bezel up, and the Velcro just catches enough.
I mostly use this sheath when I don't want to carry the U2 in my pocket.

cbxer55

Enlightened
I hear that!. I prefer to keep my U2 in my left front pocket. But Monday through Thursday I keep it in a belt sheath while at work. I inspect train cars that are being built and have to bend over and squat a lot around steel objects. It kinda digs in a bit when in the pocket during those activities. When off work it goes clipped in the left pocket. I just ordered a Rip-off CO181 today to replace the aging Surefire holster I've been using. Funny thing is the chart that that company uses says a CO153 is correct. The CO153 is for 5.5 lights. My U2 measures 6.0 standing on the bezel. When I talked to them I let them know they might need to change their chart.

Last edited:

socom45

Newly Enlightened
I still prefer leather. I'll get some pics of the leather holster I had made but it isn't what I had in mind so i figure I'll be selling it. It's very secure, and a decent holster for the money but nothing like the plan I had sent in for the pattern....therefore, I don't really want it. The offer still stands for me to pm anyone the link to the pics but I've been asked not to post in directly into the forum.
There may be an update on this matter so all interested check this space from time to time.
socom