SureFire V2 Vampire

Anonnn

Newly Enlightened
This is the most important light to be released in years.
It replaces the need for incandescent lights required to provide filtered IR output to soldiers.
The KM3 bezel, used by this V2 handheld and the M952V WeaponLight is revolutionary and its value to the US Military can not be underestimated.

Al

Right on. Whenever I imagine what went down on the night of the Bin Laden raid, I think of these lights. I bet Seal Team 6 used the Hellfighter with an IR filter to guide their stealth helicopters across Pakistan's boarders all the way to the compound. Then they probably used these very (Vampire) lights once inside the dark house in the middle of the night. If I'm right, I'm sure they played one of the most crucial roles in that covert night's success.

abnjeffy

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if this thread is dead and I'm new but here goes...

I was wondering if anyone tested the V2 for use with a 17670 battery. Even more interested if the body can be bored out for an 18650?

Also, how does the IR output on the V2 compare to a Fury with an IR filter/cover?

DavidS

Newly Enlightened
Can't answer the question, but would like to second it - use rechargeables in most of my lights, and would like to use CR123s or (better) a protected 18650. I presume that someone must have tried it, tho' perhaps not the commonest Surefire!

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone tested the V2 for use with a 17670 battery. Even more interested if the body can be bored out for an 18650?
The Vampire and U2 Ultra Bodies are identical. I have two old U2 Ultra with 18650 capable body, this works perfectly with my Vampire with a 18650 cell.
From what I know Precisionworks would be able to bore out your Vampire body.

Also, how does the IR output on the V2 compare to a Fury with an IR filter/cover?
Does the Fury has a IR output if you use a IR filter, I would not expect a real high IR output from a whte LED. The Vampire has a real IR LEd that is specified @ 120mW IR power.

Latest posts