Surefire wish list

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mostly mentioned already:
Deep Knurling
Freshened up A2, but keeping classic A2 styling & forum fit. With a HO Incandescent bulb with a spare LED 5000K drop in bulb included. And.....you could order optional LED rings colors so you can mix and match.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I disagree here. Drop all incans.

too much energy consumption, bulbs burn out all the time, low run-time, etc.

consumers are cheap and are looking for the best deal. best runtime and least money spent.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought up another wish:

A 2x18650 updated M4 Devastator, with large TIR and selector ring controlled output, able to take 4 CR123 as well, output close to 2000 lumens.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Bring back the knurling. On everything.
2. Come out with a new A2 aviator with a regulated incandescent main bulb - 15 years ago they made one that lasted an hour on a set of batteries. I bet with today's technology they could either double the runtime, or double the brightness.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, 1997 called and wants your post back.

They cannot improve "Edison's" light bulb in 100 years... the technology has stagnated. It takes too much power and frequently burns out.
IMO Surefire should embrace the new world of Light Emitting Diodes.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Bring back the knurling. On everything.
2. Come out with a new A2 aviator with a regulated incandescent main bulb - 15 years ago they made one that lasted an hour on a set of batteries. I bet with today's technology they could either double the runtime, or double the brightness.

Oh yeah I would love to see another sf regulated Incan!

The a2 was awesome.

scout24

Flashaholic
I'd like to see a return to a "user serviceable" light like CPF made the P/C/Z/G series into. Give me an unglued Fury that takes a dropin module. Warranty work would be greatly simplified. Have me sign a waiver when I buy it that changing to non-SF parts voids the warranty. Market it as an "Enthusiast" light. Have it come from the "Surefire Custom Shop". Whatever it takes. Sell it in cool, warm, and neutral. Sell the replacement modules separately like our modders here do now. 99% of customers will never open it to more than put in batteries, the remaining 1% live here and will do backflips... :) Malkoff, Nailbender, and company will have dropin shells and different reflectors available in no time, as will others. An official nod to the community here from SF would be a nice gesture...

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought up another wish:

A 2x18650 updated M4 Devastator, with large TIR and selector ring controlled output, able to take 4 CR123 as well, output close to 2000 lumens.

+1 on a new M4!!! I gifted my M6 to my dad a few years ago, but I will never part with my M4!

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on a new M4!!! I gifted my M6 to my dad a few years ago, but I will never part with my M4!

I bored one of my M4's to accept 18650 cells. Wish there were a good solution to a high powered LED to fit same.

My complaint on the Devastator is that Surefire supplied one inch mounts for attachment to a rifle scope and all of my scopes are 30mm.

redceligts

Newly Enlightened
I myself wish for a wristlight that has a wide beam, no hotspot, rechargeable, can be flipped up in use and fold down that resembles a regular watch, and can be had under 90 dollars:twothumbs

FREI

Newly Enlightened
1. L4 with xm-l2, 500lm, low,(mid), high
2. E1e/E2e with LED Dropins and optional clicky or twisty

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
While we're at it, I'll ask for this: a return of the E1E and E2E form factor, but with TIR internals similar to the LX2.