Surf and Rock angling?

CampingLED

Enlightened
A friend of mine once saw some of my EDCs and wanted a few lights for friends and family. I upgraded his Petzl Myo XP with the SSC P4 U-bin Led some time ago. He also wanted a headlamp for his dad. Everything that he wanted were in the budget range. Ordered some lights from DX and a first for me, shipment was lost. From July 2009 order the items were only received a week ago (fortunately the original order was tracked and local customs claim and proved that they never received it).

One of the items was this H/L, which was the only flood to throw H/L available at DX at the time. Two better models were subsequently released. He showed it to some of his angling friends last night and the following requirement/order came in:

- similar performance (the flood and throw performance is good)
- must be more splash proof (they often walk into the surf to cast and get splashed by the waves)
- pre-order is at 22 lights
- should be a budget light

Personally I would recommend the Spike from ahorton, but this light is beyond their budget (not sure what their budget is, but I think it should stay below $40 per light).

I do not know of any headlamps to recommend to them. They need to spot the waves from a distance to time their cast (therefore need a thrower headlamp that is splash proof with flood capabilities). Tall order within the budged and that is the reason for my post.

Which lights do you recommend?