survival keychain lighter, GB interest list FULL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric_M

Enlightened
Re: survival keychain lighter, GB interest list

Please increase my order to 10 pieces.

Thanks, and thank you for doing this for us!!

Eric Maier

Last edited:

oregon

Enlightened

Eric_M said:
10 pieces

Done! Thank you and you are welcome.

The interest list is located at post #24 on page #1 of this thread.

oregon

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened

Hello,

Would I still be able to get in on this? If so, I'd like 6, please!

THANKS!

oregon

Enlightened

Your on the Interested Party list on page #1, post #24 of this thread.

Thank you.

oregon

oregon

Enlightened

MayCooper said:
Make mine for 3 instead of one... :)

You mind reader you.

I was hoping that you would bump up. The postage to you seems expensive to me: Global Priority (small envelope) $5.25. There must be less expensive postage to the Netherlands.

oregon

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened

IN IN IN!

Thanks for being the spearhead on this one, Oregon.

I would also have interest in a permanent match group buy if the permanent match was an ALL METAL unit.

I'm in Arizona.

If they come out < $3 apiece prior to shipping/packaging, I'm in for 7
If they come out $3-$5 apiece prior to sh/pkg I'm in for 5

Last edited:

LESLIEx317537

Newly Enlightened

Change my order to 8 units. Thanks. I'm sure my friends are going to ask me to get more.

oregon

Enlightened

LESLIEx317537 said:
Change my order to 8 units.

Done. You are welcome. Check the Interested Party list on page #1, post #24 of this thread.

oregon

oregon

Enlightened

malcontent said:
I'm in for at least three.

Done. You are welcome. Check the Interested Party list on page #1, post #24 of this thread.

oregon

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U

oregon said:
You mind reader you.

I was hoping that you would bump up. The postage to you seems expensive to me: Global Priority (small envelope) $5.25. There must be less expensive postage to the Netherlands.

oregon

there is, Airmail letterpost would do just fine for cheap items like these... but its a bit slower. See this: http://pe.usps.com/text/pub51/51tblb_002.html#vnameref_5 for the rates.

and my colleagues want some too, so, again an upgrade... I'll take 5 lighters, and GPM shipping is fine with me. I dont mind paying a few $ more for 2 weeks less shippingtime (and with the euro as high as it is right now, it really isnt that much of an issue anyway :))

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened

Oregon,

Incidentally, did you ever have a chance to try to replace the lighter's flint with a standard store-bought flint?

I would be very surprised if it did not take standard lighter flints, because I've never in my life seen any variance in sizing, but in the EDC forums thread, it mentioned someone thought a Ronson flint might have been too big - although it was pointed out that the flint might have gotten hung up on cotton.

Would be helpful if you could let us know.

Thanks!

oregon

Enlightened

MayCooper said:
there is, Airmail letterpost would do just fine for cheap items like these... but its a bit slower. See this: http://pe.usps.com/text/pub51/51tblb_002.html#vnameref_5 for the rates.
I'll take 5 lighters, and GPM shipping is fine

Thanky you kindly for the postal rate sheet. I could not be certain that those rates applied to a 4" x 7" bubble mailer with thickness exceeding 1/4". So I posted the GPM mailing fee.

You have been bumped to 5 units. Check the Interested Party list on page #1, post #24 of this thread.

oregon

oregon

Enlightened

Eskimonio said:
replace the lighter's flint with a standard store-bought flint

I ordered some flint packs and some wick packs off the bay. I'll experiment with the flints when they arrive and post my findings.

However, I had quite a time removing the flint, the one that came with the lighter, and then placing the same flint back in the unit. It seemed to be too large! It came out by tapping the open and inverted lighter. It had to be held with tiny pliers and shoved into the flint channel with a tiny screwdriver. I've been using pizo electric lighters too long and I guess that I have lost any flint, fluid and wick skills that I used to have.

Careful when you try this because the spring is mighty and the parts are small = recipe for lost parts. Open it in a bread bag perhaps.

oregon

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U

oregon said:
Thanky you kindly for the postal rate sheet. I could not be certain that those rates applied to a 4" x 7" bubble mailer with thickness exceeding 1/4".

dont worry, as long as its under 4 pounds and fits through a standard mailslot, the rates apply. And to give a bit of an idea of the shipping time, this form of shipping usually takes 2-3 weeks to western europe.

oregon

Enlightened

Toglud said:
I'm in for 5.
Thanks!
Torben.

Done. You are welcome. Check the Interested Party List on page #1, post #24 of this thread.

Sidebar: Curiously, and not that you would know this, but Danish postal regulations forbid lighters with catalyst ignition. What kind of lighter would this be? http://pe.usps.gov/text/Imm/immicl/immiclcd_020.html

oregon

dyee

Newly Enlightened

Eskimonio said:
Ronson flint might have been too big - although it was pointed out that the flint might have gotten hung up on cotton.

I have tried a Ronson flint with the red paint worn off, it was sitting in the bottom of my zippo, and it just fit. So don't expect to get the flint out of the lighter, it will most likely get hung up on the threads, mine did going in. What might need enlarging is the wick hole, when it comes time to change the wick.

Eskimonio

Newly Enlightened

dyee said:
I have tried a Ronson flint with the red paint worn off, it was sitting in the bottom of my zippo, and it just fit. So don't expect to get the flint out of the lighter, it will most likely get hung up on the threads, mine did going in. What might need enlarging is the wick hole, when it comes time to change the wick.

Thanks for the info...I just wanted to make sure that these things weren't going to be an issue to replace flints on, which I'd only do after the first wore out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.