survival keychain lighter, GB interest list FULL

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregon

Enlightened
Lighters shipped, via EMS, from China to me 4-24-2007. I expect them to be in the hands of customs in Seattle in 3-5 days.

All 200 incoming units are spoken for by interested parties. Thank you for your interest. 4-23-2007

(Post #24 has a list of interested parties. 200 units, a production run, has been bot by me from the factory in Southern China under the guidance of our capable good friend Kai and should ship next week to me. I will update when shipment arrives and the costs are known. Think inexpensive.)

Who manufactures the cylindrical keychain flint and fluid waterproof lighter reviewed on BF wilderness & survival forum?

It is advertised by Tygerpipes so I figure it is a China origin manufacturer.

Anyone know?

Thank you kindly.

oregon

Last edited:

oregon

Enlightened
Re: survival keychain lighter, who mfgs

KSH92474 said:

Thanks KSH.

I'm already posted in that buy on EDCF. Also, the ebay vendor has extended his 25% discount so I ordered there.

Who is the maker?

It is probably only a polite request away for our friends in Hong Kong to make these available to us. But, where do they get them?

oregon

Last edited:

MicroE

Enlightened

Did you want that particular item for survival or everyday use?
I know that it's not what you asked, but instead of a lighter, I carry lifeboat matches in all of my bugout kits and cars. They are a cheap and reliable source of fire, but they are not for lighting your cigars every day (unless you like to make a spectacle of yourself!).

oregon

Enlightened

MicroE said:
Did you want that particular item for survival or everyday use?
lifeboat matches

Thank you MicroE for the tip. Talk about dependable, well, lifeboat matches are the ultimate match. I keep some for expeditions to the outback.

The vast majority of the time I roll with what is on me. Fire is something I am wanting. Butane has been unreliable for me but I am cheap so I won't try expensive butane lighters. I want a reliable fluid and flint lighter with a small footprint and this looks like it. I have had matches ignite in my pocket so I'm hesitant to carry them.

oregon

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone have a link to the light in question?

oregon

Enlightened

Lobo said:
Anyone have a link to the light in question?

Once on ebay search these key words: BEST emergency lighter. I have purchased from thankyoustan and am awaiting arrival.

or

Google Tygerpipes.

or use the link posted by KSH yesterday for more links.

Sorry for the obtuse reply. I was busted for posting links in my card laser thread and I am still smarting from the humiliation. I like it here and don't want to get sideways with anyone.

Our friends in Hong Kong may be able to vend these. I could know as early as this next week. Should I find anything out I will post in this forum.

All the best,

oregon

oregon

Enlightened

Has anyone purchased these thru chinahorde? This site appears to be related to tygerpipes as Jeffrey is the contact person for both sites. $1.88/unit is the lowest price I've seen. However, reliability of this unknown company is a question. Why don't either of them use paypal?

You will find these at chinahorde.com under flint lighters.

oregon

bubbacatfish

Enlightened

oregon said:
Has anyone purchased these thru chinahorde? This site appears to be related to tygerpipes as Jeffrey is the contact person for both sites. $1.88/unit is the lowest price I've seen. However, reliability of this unknown company is a question. Why don't either of them use paypal?

You will find these at chinahorde.com under flint lighters.

oregon

Same question was asked about chinahorde on EDCF with no response, with no track record I guess nobody wants to take the chance (me included). :popcorn:

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened

Take a look at the shipping with Chinahorde...$19.00 for one lighter! That makes the 1.88 not a deal after all.

Tygerpipes looks a bit better at around $6 shipping

oregon

Enlightened

nightgaunt said:
Take a look at the shipping with Chinahorde...$19.00 for one lighter! That makes the 1.88 not a deal after all.

Tygerpipes looks a bit better at around $6 shipping

Tygerpipes and chinahorde appear to be related or the same vendor. Both have stopped taking paypal, both have Jeffrey as the contact. Neither one has replied to my emails yet. I called the phone number given but did not leave a message.

As to the shipping: (10 units x $1.88) + $19 shipping = $37.80/10 units = $3.78/unit. If I had confidence in the source I would buy 10 units or more. Buying 54 units gets you free shipping (over $100) so the unit cost would be $1.88.

oregon

Last edited:

bubbacatfish

Enlightened

The almighty IF... I sent another company based in Hong Kong the Chinahorde link after a successful purchase from them (similar company) & asked if those lighters would be something they could get, was told by their rep they'd look into it & get back to me. Nothing yet (don't expect much which is why I'm in on the EDCF GB) but it's only been a couple of weeks since I asked.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

oregon

Enlightened

Way to go Bubba!

Our friends in Hong Kong walk the earth like giants in my eyes in their ability to get the stuff I want at bargain prices with honesty and integrity.

oregon

oregon

Enlightened

Kai found them.

The factory that makes these is backordered. The MOQ (the factory will make more soon if order 200 at a whack) of 200 units cost $1.24/unit ($248) shipped to the US. Customs would be extra. Ship date is unknown.

oregon

oregon

Enlightened

Wenzhou China, a coastal city in southern China, is a focus of lighter manufacturers. Interestingly, there is a tough guild there which operates to prevent pirating of other's designs.

If curious you can google the key words below for more information:

Wenzhou lights the way for China

or

Ri Feng Lighter Company

oregon

Perfectionist

Enlightened

oregon said:
Kai found them.

The factory that makes these is backordered. The MOQ (the factory will make more soon if order 200 at a whack) of 200 units cost $1.24/unit ($248) shipped to the US. Customs would be extra. Ship date is unknown.

oregon
Sweet !! I'm sure Kai can sell at least that many to CPFers alone !! :D

Hopefully they will be up for sale on his website soon ......

oregon

Enlightened

Perfectionist said:
Sweet !! I'm sure Kai can sell at least that many to CPFers alone !! :D

Hopefully they will be up for sale on his website soon ......

If you would like Kai to carry these then you might consider pinging him about your interest in this item.

These acorn lighters are a real specialty so I question their broad appeal. So I don't know if he will carry them. Me, however, well I am enthusiastic, gungho and can't get enough of this terrific stuff.

oregon

oregon

Enlightened

I went ahead and ordered a factory run of 200 units.

They ship to me next week. If customs doesn't take too big of a bite, all goes well and the river doesn't rise, I hope to be able to offer some of them to forum members for a nominal fee. I'll post updates.

oregon

Aluminum Junkie

Newly Enlightened

I would take at least 10 units. Just drop me a PM and PP addy when they arrive.
Thanks, AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.