Sydney 2008 Get together

missionaryman

Enlightened
if Fusion is flying up from Melbourne to attend then no one in Sydney has any excuse whatsoever not to be there.
Now that I said that I'd better show up.

Glen C

Enlightened
Fusion M8, of course you are invited. If you do come I could pick you up at the airport and drop you where you are staying.

Thomashct, the last couple have been about 2 to 3 hours.

Luke, looking forward to seeing your gear. It seems we will be the only 2 dealers there (unless Sheldon & Hammond want to bring a Maglite :crackup:). In the past Wolf Eyes has shouted the pizzas, in the interest of being fair to the new guy, we should offer Extreme the chance to shout pizzas, if you choose not to then WE can. I don't want to assume any position just because we have done something in the past.

Glen C

Enlightened
Rob, just noticed from your description there may be a bit of a hike through the bush to get there? Is it clear where to go from the Avenue we would park in? If not would you like me to post you some keylights for the stragglers to follow and find their way? I am sure there will be no shortage of lights, but maybe a keylight every 15-25 metres as a guide?

missionaryman

Enlightened
I'm in the process of building a 170w regulated hotwire but it won't be ready on time for the meet.
all I'll be bringing is my P7 mod and some miscellaneous stuff.

thomashct

Newly Enlightened
yes as we all know the "flood" always relate to a P7 with small reflectors, but I must say that its very bright light.

Glen C

Enlightened
Thaomas looking forward to seeing your work in real life. Would have loved to see Missionarymans mod in real life too, I will have to console myself with Diceman's XeRay, an absolute beast.

lukestephens777

Enlightened
No one's got any excuse now... The Pizza's are on me! :sold:
At least we know the pizza delivery guy won't get lost in the dark..:candle:
Thanks for the offer Glen, i'm keen to see some of those P7 lights mate!

DiCEMAN

Newly Enlightened
It's funny, As big and awesome as it is.... I still want to at least see the 75W version. This looks like it will be a great turn out... and not 5 degrees like last time too :)

Rob187

Enlightened
Thomashct - Glen is right, around 2 to 3 hours is a good estimate. Of course, come and go whenever you like. No requirement to be right on time or stay to the death.

Glen - There is some native bush around the park but not much. No bushwalking is required as there are paved paths and signs. Some of your lights as markers would be cool though.

Fusion_m8 - Everyone is welcome. The more who know about it the better. It would be great to have an interstater join the meet.

Please invite anyone you know who would like to come along and meet some torch fans and see the gear the local dealers have and what others bring. It would be great to have as many as possible. Please don't feel that you have to have a million lights to come along.

We have a very positive response so far:

Yes:
kurni
Glen C
thomashct
Haz
lukestephens777
DiCEMAN
missionaryman
Rob187

Maybe:
fusion_m8
Metatron

No:
Protaeus

Let see if we can get a few more along.

I'll probably bring the most of my gear but some highlights would be Arc6, Gatlight Ti, Peak First Responder & Quad Seoul Magmod.

Pizza sounds good too!

Rob187

Enlightened
I have just been for a reccy of Bicentennial Park. The good news is that the parking within the park itself was not locked off and both the closest toilets and the toilets at the soccer oval within the park were open.

'Golden Grove' is quite dark, although with night adapted eyes you can see. There are a few orange coloured 'street' lights placed along the paths but 'Golden Grove' itself is not lit at all. I would like it even darker but hey, we are in the middle of suburbia here.

There are a couple of ovals within the park complex that have lighting which is turned on when in use. Neither was in use tonight. There is some fairly dark bush area also.

While walking around, I saw a cat lurking in the scrub and an owl up a tree.

I am pretty happy with it as a venue.

Rob

cutakanada

Newly Enlightened
Hi Rob187,

Put me down as a maybe too. I also live in the north, so it should be easy to get there, and I remembered that bessiebennie is also a sydneysider - so maybe we can convince him to bring his collection :grin2:.

This is looking better and better!

Cheers,

cutakanada

Latest posts