Terrible Motorcycle Wreck On My Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I've always wanted a bike, but stories like this always make me go hmmm....

I'll be among the first in line for a Hayabusa drag-tail the day they open up roads for motorcycles only. Until then, I'll make due with a car and all its airbags and safety technology..

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you are being cold because you have no compassion. Young people do stupid things sometimes, that does not mean they deserve to die.

I disagree, I have loads of compassion. I have compassion for Greta and her brother who had a car pull out in front of him, I have compassion for the people who had a traumatic experience witnessing this accident and I have a whole bunch of compassion for the Paramedics and police who have to clean up this sort of mess day in and day out.
However, I have no compassion for someone who does something dangerous and stupid and kills themselves. And yes, of course they deserve to die. Just like someone who jumps off a 20 story building, puts a gun to their head and pulls the trigger or goes out in a storm in a tiny boat without a lifejacket or radio. That's what 'deserves' means. You get what you deserve. Anyone riding their bike into a metal pole at 60mph deserves to die. It's called Natural Selection.

Greta

Flashaholic
I disagree, I have loads of compassion. I have compassion for Greta and her brother who had a car pull out in front of him, I have compassion for the people who had a traumatic experience witnessing this accident and I have a whole bunch of compassion for the Paramedics and police who have to clean up this sort of mess day in and day out.
However, I have no compassion for someone who does something dangerous and stupid and kills themselves. And yes, of course they deserve to die. Just like someone who jumps off a 20 story building, puts a gun to their head and pulls the trigger or goes out in a storm in a tiny boat without a lifejacket or radio. That's what 'deserves' means. You get what you deserve. Anyone riding their bike into a metal pole at 60mph deserves to die. It's called Natural Selection.
Ok gentlemen... let's end this particular tangent now. It is inappropriate for this family forum. While I am HUGE fan of Darwinism and Natural Selection, I do not give myself such lofty status to be the one who decides who deserves to live or die. I'll leave that to "Nature"... who obviously decided that this person deserves to live... for whatever reason and by whatever means.

Let this particular part of this topic go and move on to the others.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Looking at these pictures, one thing stands out more than anything,...the 30 mph speed limit sign.

I live in a hilly area, some guy on a sportbike was racing through the area daily (probably going 70+ in a 25 mph)
One day he lost his braking and crashed into a telephone pole, he was injured for sure, but conscious.
My thoughts drifted to he'll never race like that on the street again...sorry to say that.

by the way, I'm a huge motorcycle/bike fan,
there's rarely a day I'm not on 2 wheels in some way.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good work in a tough situation. Awesome photos as well.

Last night at work we had an 18 year old severely head injured patient come into the OR as an organ donor. He was apparently driving his motorcycle in a careless/reckless manner when he could not react in time to avoid a turning car. I was saddened that a young man's life was over, angry that the accident was completely preventable and hopeful for the people whose lives he would save by being a donor. Life is precious and incidences like this and the others mentioned always make me thankful for what I have.

devine08

Newly Enlightened
I am glad that you put yourself at the bottom of the stupidity pole but considering you have made such poor assumptions surrounding a case that you have little to no real inforamtion about, you just proved how stupid you really are. You assume he was high, drunk or was just plain stupid...which he was non of three.

You must think you are pretty special for having all these hours of riding...maybe you should take some of those hours and learn how to be a human being.

In actuality this man is a very experienced rider, hard worker, loving son and father. He does not deserve to die.

You are the one who many wish would be "Naturally Selected" to leave this world that way we would be rid of you stupidity, arrogance and pure rudeness. Shame on you for sticking you disgusting words into a matter you know nothing about.

I hope, no I pray, that some act of nature doesn't put you in a similar situation and if it does, I pray that the loved ones (if there are any) around you don't have to read some jerk on a blog telling them how stupid you are and how you should have died. Then again, you have proven how heartless and ignorant you really are so "Natural Selection" will have it's way with you.

For your information, the man is alive and doing very well. Thank God a good one is still out there...may be in a hospital bed, but is still out there.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am glad that you put yourself at the bottom of the stupidity pole but considering you have made such poor assumptions surrounding a case that you have little to no real inforamtion about, you just proved how stupid you really are. You assume he was high, drunk or was just plain stupid...which he was non of three.

You must think you are pretty special for having all these hours of riding...maybe you should take some of those hours and learn how to be a human being.

In actuality this man is a very experienced rider, hard worker, loving son and father. He does not deserve to die.

You are the one who many wish would be "Naturally Selected" to leave this world that way we would be rid of you stupidity, arrogance and pure rudeness. Shame on you for sticking you disgusting words into a matter you know nothing about.

I hope, no I pray, that some act of nature doesn't put you in a similar situation and if it does, I pray that the loved ones (if there are any) around you don't have to read some jerk on a blog telling them how stupid you are and how you should have died. Then again, you have proven how heartless and ignorant you really are so "Natural Selection" will have it's way with you.

For your information, the man is alive and doing very well. Thank God a good one is still out there...may be in a hospital bed, but is still out there.

Um... as Greta said let's let this particular part of the topic go and move on.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Hey look, there's that Hayabusa drag-tail..

08busa_4.jpg

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Patriot you did a good deed by helping and I believe this thread has ran its course. I do believe that some among us would keep stirring this pot until it became a heated argument so lets simply close it now.

Devine I hope your friend is ok and I hope you can see the baiting comments from yourself, and others, would only take away from the posters meaning thus taking this thread way off track. The fact your first post was made directly after Greta asked to simply drop it can only lead me to believe this thread would only grow much worse.

Maybe you could stay awhile and enjoy the other areas of our forum here. Seeing as you know this person I can understand your emotions and as such will leave this with a friendly reminder to all involved in the baiting comments...please simply end it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.