Test/Review of Charger NiteCore Intellicharger i4 2014

wingspar

Newly Enlightened
With most chargers the charge time depends on how depleted the battery is.
With NiMH batteries the charger may also miss termination and charge a long time (This is bad for the batteries).

By " miss termination", do you mean that all 3 lights may not come on when they should and the charger keeps charging?

HKJ

Flashaholic
By " miss termination", do you mean that all 3 lights may not come on when they should and the charger keeps charging?

Exactly. That risk will depend on the batteries, with some batteries the risk for it happening is greater than with other.

wingspar

Newly Enlightened
Exactly. That risk will depend on the batteries, with some batteries the risk for it happening is greater than with other.

At this point in time, I plan on using only Eneloop AA batteries. How do these batteries measure up with this charger?

wingspar

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for answering all my questions. This stuff is all new to me, but this charger looks like the best for a beginner.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was going to try these batteries in my Surefires...do they need to be LiFePO4?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390504280014?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They are LiFePO4...the package should make that clearer, but you can tell by the voltage, if that is accurate. Standard lithium-ion (LiCoO2), are 3.7 volts nominal, 4.2 volts at max charge. LiFePO4 are three volts nominal, and I think 3.5 or 3.6 volts at max charge. They should work OK in your Surefire, since Surefire has officially endorsed LiFePO4 as replacements for primaries in the past.

wichaka

Newly Enlightened
I take it that this charger will work for 16650 batteries as well?

wichaka

Newly Enlightened
Great. I'm trying the advice of one of the members here to put those cells in my Surefires, so I ordered this charger for them.