The 2015 Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast Your Vote!

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
1. Zebralight SC62w
2. Noctigon M43
3. Armytek Wizard Pro Warm

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
#1# Fenix : PD22 Ultimate Edition
#2# Fenix : PD35 (2014 version)
#3# Fenix : LD22 (any version)
#4# Fenix : TK16
#5# Fenix : HL50

1. My primary EDC (spring-summer-autumn) - defensive tool as well
2. My EDC for winter time (longer battery life, more efficient)
3. Home light (and for SHTF situations - AA batteries more available)
4. My "Must-Have" for night walks and night activities
5. Hands-free needed

Last edited:

Nuclear Cowboy

Newly Enlightened
1. Olight M40Seeker
2. Thrunite TN35
3. Noctigon M43 Meteor

1. Probably old news for most of you but new to me and an EXCELLENT all around light. I use a flashlight everyday at work and work out of town. This light sets the mark for it's brightness, run time, easy UI and most of the fact that I can recharge it about anywhere at anytime with a phone charging cord. I like a lot of the wild flamethrowers and spill monsters out on the market right now, but when it comes to practicality the M40 is a tough one to beat.

2. Just an all round great light. I love the beam pattern and tint. This is a quality GP light that does a lot things really well and the build quality is 1st class.

3. Yes, it's a wow light but after you've owned it for awhile you'll be every bit as impressed with the build quality as you are with the massive beam this thing produces. IMO the UI falls short on it but it's a home run in just about every other category.

My3kidsfather

Enlightened
1. Eagtac D25C Ti
2. Nitecore SRT3

i carry the Eagtac at work, very nice small package on my dress belt. At home I find the 4" SRT3 and holster to be barely noticeable as I go about my day. I am in the process of choosing a couple of throwers in the next few days for volunteer work with local police. Leaning towards the Nitecore SRT7 and an Eagtac M25C2 mk II among a list of stars. Lots of good working designs to choose from.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
#1# Sunwayman : V11R : with AA extender
#2# Zebralight : H51fw
#3# Surefire : 6P : Malkoff M61n
#4# Malkoff MD2 : M61L : with extender
#5# Zebralight : SC600w

1- my pocket EDC- versatile I use it with 14500 but can use Eneloops and CR123 with it- I have the NW version with diffuser film- I love the big hotspot with good reach.
2- backup EDC and headlamp runs on Eneloops
3- for work- simple and bombproof combination.
4- backup for work- long running can be used with 2 AA's if needed.
5- EDC in jacket- low mode for extended runtime and high on tap.

this poll made me realize I need to get a triple asap and an updated headlamp... thanks... lol

CL97405

Newly Enlightened
#1# ThruNite : TN12 : (2016) Cool White

I've bought a few other flashlights since, still searching for the perfect EDC, but so far the ThruNite is the one I reach for most often. Simple UI, serviceable selection of levels, reasonably bright, carries well, and a serviceable throw for a pocket light with a small reflector. Always open to suggestions though. I suspect I'll wind up buying at least one of the most popular models from this year's poll!

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
1#1 Thrunite : TN32UTvn

#2# Nitecore : TM26GT

#3# Olight : S1 Baton

#4# Nitecore : MH20

#5# Olight :M3X-UT Javelot

1. My first vn light, and I see what all the fuss is with Vinh's lights! Mine has the XPG2 PDT. Tight perfect hotspot, flat regulation, low heat and long runtime. The build quality is obvious and the large, deep reflector is born to throw!

2. 3500lumens, 120Kcd+, OLED display. Compact size. Perpetual novelty!

3. The noisy cricket ( thanks to the CPF member who coined that). Tiny light with audacious lumens! Losing this one is the greatest danger, either due to its size or bring permanently borrowed by a stranger.

4. 1000 lumens, compact but good throw from its oversized head. Built in charger and great UI. Punches above its weight.

5. Lightweight super thrower. Keeps pace with the big boys. I still get a surprise when I flick the switch!

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) Fenix TK35 Ultimate Edition 2015 (2,000 lumens)

Tepeka

Newly Enlightened
#1# Fenix : PD35 (2015)
#2# ThruNite : Ti3
#3# SureFire : E2D Defender

1. Just a great balance of compactness, power and durability.
2. Everyone should have a keychain light. I don't use mine much, but it's invaluable when you need it.
3. Looks super-tough - I mean, who wouldn't want two strike bezels?! Bit expensive, though.

Archangel72

Newly Enlightened
#1# Fenix : TK75 : 2015
#2# Fenix : PD40
#3# Fenix : PD35: TAC
#4# Fenix : E25 : UE
#5# Coast : HP850

Yep Im a Fenix fan boy...
The Coast was just a better alternative to a Mglt and for the same if not cheaper price..

Id like to edit this my #5 is incorrect its a

#5# Coast : HP550

Id also like to add #6# Coast HP7

Last edited:

Leedrag

Newly Enlightened
#1#Armytek : Wizard Pro v2: Nw
#2# DQG : SPYXmas : XP-L 3C
#3# Thrunite : TN36 : Nw
#4# Olight : S1 Baton : Ti
#5# Eagtec : TX25C : XP-L Hi

TheMocoMan

Newly Enlightened
#1# Fenix TK 16.... what's not to like !! compact 18650 flashlight, 1000 lumen reviews are coming back good on this one. It
Will be next on my list. :thumbsup:

I've been playing with the Tk16 for about 3 weeks now. Hands down my #1 FAV light. I never thought I'd use the 10 lumen setting but I use it all the time in pitch darkness. This is my first 1000 Lumen light and I'm in awe by it. I'm confident you'll like the Tk16 as much as I do. Best light in my collection.

Skivvy9r

Newly Enlightened
#1# Zebralight : SC62W
#2# Fenix : TK35UE : 2015
#3# Zebralight : H302W

1. My EDC
2. Like having a headlight in my hand
3. Great headlamp for close up work

REasley

Newly Enlightened
I fell almost naked and ashamed I only have a:

#1 Petzl headband for walking around the house at night.
#2 Fenix TA-30 if I need the power

and other misc BS lights

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
Come on people, cast your vote! :) There is a such a small amount of votes in here, and the end of the 2015 is coming.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
#1# Olight: S1
#2# NITECORE: TUBE
#3# HDS: Rotary
#4# First-Light: T-Max
#5# Olight: M2X-UT

I handle a LOT of lights. These are the ones that are getting the most carry time and use. There are others I would have liked to include but the OP says top five only. Got a few new headlamps on test which will probably take a spot on the list once I've tested them further.