The Best Light in Your Private Collection

stockwiz

Enlightened
For me my favorite lights are the most useful. If I were to rank them starting from the top, here would be the top 3...

Lambda Turbo Nano Mate (until my TnC N cell luxeon arrives)

Arc LS modified with luxeon 3 running 667mA using 2AA adaptor

Electrolumens FT-3C

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
For me, I'd have to say the best (and my favorite) light in my collection is my homemade (I made it) MR-X <font color="red">plus</font>. I say it's a plus because the turn-key MR-X's were a 2-d mag form factor in various colors, whereas mine is in a pewter 3D cell. Other than my custom 9volt 12AA to 3D holder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif, it is stock MR-X. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

My EDC two-stage R2H Fire~Fly ranks right up there too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I have that little gem with me nearly 24/7. Looking forward to the FF2.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to say which I could or would call my best.
Here is one that comes to mind.
DSC00109.sized.jpg
It is a 2xCR2 with a TWOK-DB/700 and a Fraen LP. It was designed made and anodized by Chief_Wiggum.

I don't think I could get rid of many of my modded lights.McLux's, Chops and Chief_Wiggums all have a special place in my collection.

My work EDC is an ARC4+ rev1 with cy's 1.2 modded tailcap and an ARC AA second.
After work is usually ARC4+ rev2 with a tritium vial in the laynard hole and a McLux or Chop light for real throw and brightness.

mut

amlim

Enlightened
This thread is resurrected !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
e1e-kl1-2.jpg

High dome, NX05 optics, Pyrex lens, completely factory stock, but completely factory white as well and puts out a lot more than 15 visible lumens - as such it's irreplaceable. It is also the first light I bought with CPF advice..

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
BB500 R2H red minimag with glass lens, Kroll clickie, so17xa reflector and mag rubber slip-on thing for the head (protection)

It is bright, white, has great throw, small enough for belt carry and runs over 2 hours on two 2200mAH NiMH rechargables. Nothing like "free" light! Since I can change out the body for $8, it does not bother me to engrave my name in it, leave it somewere at work and people will give it back.

I prefer the stealthy look of the minimag, it is always amusing to see the look on people's faces when they fire it up.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
My red Mag 2D 5W mod (built it myself).
5W VV0S emitter, 750mA LDO linear current regulator (built by me), heat treated UCL, runs of 6AA NiMHs for 2.5 hours runtime.

Next would be my black Mag 2D 5W mod. Identical to the red except for a V3T emitter.

OddOne

Enlightened
For usefulness I'd have to give it up for my CMG Infinity Ultra, which is EDCed. I've also started EDCing the LED Lenser 2x123 3-watter I wrote a review on, as it's great for illuminating compact areas that an Infinity Ultra's not powerful enough for.

For raw power, though, this is my baby:
se2_complete_front.jpg

Snake-Eyes 2. Two 3-watt Emitters driven by a uFlex and four 123s. Easily 150 lumens.
se2_full_power_beam.jpg

It's so bright even a camera flash isn't enough to overwhelm it. Has TREMENDOUS throw (500-700 yards) and its beam is crisp and white.

oO

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob: its the PK1 bezel on an M4 body. X binned LuxeonV side emitter in a 4" reflector being driven at 1400mA

Dad: email sent

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best light? My SF M6 would be it for total output, but the best made and handiest(is that a word?) would have to be the Li14430. Absolutely one of the finest lights made.

ResizeofP8110011.jpg

ResizeofP8110012.jpg

ResizeofP8110013.jpg

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thanks go out to Doug S, tvodrd [Larry], and Chief Wiggum [Mike] for making it possible. I'm still amazed every time I pick it up. The beam is perfect- really restored my faith in an optic based light, and with 2 stages, it's incredibly useful.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif btw, the diameter of that light (and the CR2 II) is about a millimeter smaller than a dime.

Larry

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
arewethereyetdad said:
Some guys would give their left you-know-what for a beaut like that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, not accepted as payment. Not recognized as legal tender even if yours are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif