The IDIOCY of Pink Phobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
Greta's post about the pink guns just reminded me that I have kinda wanted one of those hot pink Spydercos with the polished clips for years. And I am a pretty dudely dude. Lol. I should see what models come in that color anymore. [emoji6]

Greta's post about the pink guns just reminded me that I have kinda wanted one of those hot pink Spydercos with the polished clips for years. And I am a pretty studly dude. Lol. I should see what models come in that color anymore. [emoji6]

FIFY. ;)

Addendum; Unless you look like this guy -
bPQ2f2m.jpg

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Well that is very kind but I did mean dudely.. like, I wouldn't consider myself especially effeminate, despite liking those pink Spydies. Hahaha

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
How far we've fallen. :shakehead Any led flashlight for girls? Posted a mere six years ago - 87 posts, and not once was the thread or OP labeled as being sexist.

Probably because the OP was a girl and wasn't demanding that women had to carry pink flashlights. Totally different objective, totally different thread. I'm the least PC human on earth and was thrown off by this thread haha

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Or Empath ? ;)

Judging by the breadth of the discussion here,:rolleyes: I have moved this thread to /The Cafe/.

Never met Empath in real life, but most members think he's a guy.

Oh! I see Greta has commented above. This should be good!

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
Funny story... and perhaps it does somewhat go with the OP's point... in a somewhat different way?!?!?

Just last week there was an armed robbery at a convenience store/gas station in our town. The suspect pulled a pink hand gun out of her pink purse to demand the cash out of the register.

.... or maybe this incident goes more along with -MY- point?!?! :thinking:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I am so glad my wife likes the rainbow color of Ti plated PL2.
Johnny, You'll never see it on my key chain :sick2:

Didn't matter to Mrs. Fixer if I liked it or not.
CF4-BCD54-FCAD-49-CB-A53-C-EC218066-BAA8.jpg

Mrs Fixers keys started out with a silver one until the rainbow arrived.
It took her like 000.93 seconds to decide "we needed to trade PL2's" lol.

I am glad her razor is pink though. Good gosh, those swivel head thingys she uses make my face look like I ran through a briar bush. Fixed head for this shaver.

Last edited:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Just last week there was an armed robbery at a convenience store/gas station in our town. The suspect pulled a pink hand gun out of her pink purse to demand the cash out of the register.
Going to speculate that it expelled supersonic bits of lead if called upon to do so as well as the same model in the more pedestrian black, stainless, FDE, etc. Only with greater visual distinction, possibly aiding in apprehension of the suspect.

Greta

Flashaholic
Going to speculate that it expelled supersonic bits of lead if called upon to do so as well as the same model in the more pedestrian black, stainless, FDE, etc.

Yep.

Only with greater visual distinction, possibly aiding in apprehension of the suspect.

Proving my point that people who buy pink guns aren't the brightest bulbs on the string... but hey! They sure look cute being dumb! :p

Lumen83

Enlightened
The central reason I was given was that a pink light simply would not sell.

Okay, so why do you need further explanation?

Of course it is NOT going to sell WITHOUT THE PROPER MARKETING!

When the company tells you it won't sell, they are examining the cost of the marketing campaign, raw materiels, retooling, etc. for a product line and determining that it won't be profitable after those costs. The money they would spend to get you a pretty pink flashlight would return greater profit if spent elsewhere. So, it gets spent elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts