The longest throwing LED flashlight in the world (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you seen the LEDs from here: www.powerledlighting.com I was curious if the 8watt far projection would work better in the DEFT. They are in the works of creating a 16 watt version.
I have seen it. They don't seem to just sell the LEDs however. I am very impressed with what they have done. Attaching the LED die directly to a piece of copper does wonders for heat removal. Although I am impressed with the 16W it will not be as good for throw as the surface brightness is reduced vs the 8W. I bought an 8W head to experiment with. I want to see how well it compares to Cree's XR-Es. I will post my findings.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awsome :thumbsup: I cant wait to see
Me too :twothumbs but one thing to note aspherics will project a light source further i.e if you increase the dia and focal point i.e in degree's of the aspheric? then of coarse it will throw further :thinking:That said and in fairness saabluster doesn't offer reflector lights with the OMG set up only aspherical :thinking:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I forget where that lame thread was about some noob trashing aspherics being useful....but we have one of those great New England foggy nights, and thought I would grab a great comparison of how the DEFT splits between the two houses as compared to a Mag85. This was a 10 sec exposure to exaggerate the effect....and to show if there was spill from the DEFT, it would show in that long. This is why these are worth waiting for. (Note: These two homes are vacant)

Deft-fog.jpg

DeftvsMag85.jpg

Kapak

Newly Enlightened
Haha, it's still pretty wet outside with spots of snow here and there. Gotta find a nice place from which I can truly test the range of that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.