The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capolini

Banned
Re: The Lounge

THE LINE UP!

Here are Two of the photos[along w/ detailed SA] I was going to use for the contest Vinh had last summer for a great personal story. SADLY my computer crashed as I was about to enter!

TAKEN ON APRIL 10, 1927 IN ACQUASANTA, ITALY,,,PALM SUNDAY,,,,,,,G'MOM IS HOLDING AN OLIVE BRANCH, HENCE NO PALM TREES IN THE MOUNTAINS! MY G'mom is FIRST row FAR Right w/ hand on my GREAT GRANDMOTHERS SHOULDER.

THERE WERE EIGHT[8] CHILDREN,,TWO WERE ALREADY IN THE USA. I MET 6 OF THE 8 CHILDREN. Two in ITALY when I went in 2006 and 2008, THE OTHERS IN THE STATES.

The whole basis of my story was that this photo led to my trips to Italy, thanks to my cousin CARLO CAMILLI.

THE FIRST TRIP MY MOM WENT AND SAW WHERE HER MOM AND DAD WERE BORN.

SIX OF THEM[G'Mom was 98] LIVED BETWEEN 97 AND 103 YEARS OLD!! :thumbsup: The other Two passed away in their Eighties.

Italia%20disc%201%20058_zpsngj93d56.jpg

HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE MOUNTAINS THEY WERE BORN IN. I TOOK IT ABOUT 1 HOUR BEFORE SUNSET. IT LOOKS LIKE THE MTS. ARE ON FIRE!

italiadisc2348_zps1deb52fe.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

Thanks for sharing, looks beautiful! So , looks like you have at least another 50yrs on the planet then:poke:;)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's cool Capolini.
My wife & I traveled to Spain, her ancestral home, and visited the church where her great-grandparents were married in the mid 1800's. Fascinating trip, learned lots about family history.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here are my current lights that I purchased in 2016. K70vn, tk75vn, t6vn, pelican 7060, tn32utvn, olight m1x.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Couple of cool lights ;-) Eliminated a bunch though. Not sure which to release first.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Exactly what I wondered ven!

Also agree it's a nice lineup of lights, although the TN36 is called a 32 in the post. The 32 would be right at home in that list anyway. :)

Thanks everybody. It was my typo. It is actually tn36utvn cw dedome. I think I am still missing at least 3 lights. Lol. K60vn, and tiny monster. I see k60vn is a good buy at $220, which stock edc lights are ranged $100-$120.

Anyway, I will take better picture next time.

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal

Thanks everybody. It was my typo. It is actually tn36utvn cw dedome. I think I am still missing at least 3 lights. Lol. K60vn, and tiny monster. I see k60vn is a good buy at $220, which stock edc lights are ranged $100-$120.

Anyway, I will take better picture next time.

Nice collection there :)
I've been looking at the TN36UTvn for a couple of weeks now. I love the brightness of the light in such a small package. Below are Vinh's offerings for reference:

Spec 1: XHP70 CW Dome On,*Lumen 13,400/12,600 - Lux: 48K/45K,*Brightest Cool White floody $255*

Spec 2: XHP70*NW*Dome On,*Lumen TBD,*Lux TBD, *Neutral floody*$255

Spec 3: XHP70 CW Dedome,*Lumen TBD,*Lumen 12,300/11,700 - Lux: 60K/57K,*Improved throw & nicer neutral tint $267

- I like the tint of the T6vn I received.
- Is Spec 3 close to the tint of the T6vn? If it is, the loss of 1100 compared to Spec 2 lumen would most likely be unnoticeable to the eye in a 12,300 lumen light, and I'd gain throw from an increase of 12K but which may also be negligible.

So it looks like for me the deciding factor in getting Spec 3 over Spec 2
would be the tint.
But if the tint is not that much better than Spec 2, I may get Spec 2.
What are your thoughts as you have a T6vn and a TN36UTvn Spec 3?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

So it looks like for me the deciding factor in getting Spec 3 over Spec 2 would be the tint. But if the tint is not that much better than Spec 2, I may get Spec 2.
What are your thoughts as you have a T6vn and a TN36UTvn Spec 3?

Since I also own both lights, I'll give you my impression.
I have the T6vn Spec 1 and TN36UTvn Spec 3.
Just last week I was comparing the two for brightness and beam shape. I will admit that I was not specifically looking at tint. However, I did not notice any difference in tint, and I usually will if there is much difference. I can't stand a blue-white light and neither of these comes anywhere close to that description.
Hopefully this gives you some idea from my perspective and others can add theirs.

ven

Flashaholic

I would go with option 3 biker, reasons are the difference in brightness over dome on is not that noticeable ,yet the further throw will be. Also loosing around 500k or so does give the xhp70 a slightly nicer tint imo!

Have you though about the NW option but de-domed? that should be very nice:)

biker1

Enlightened

Since I also own both lights, I'll give you my impression.
I have the T6vn Spec 1 and TN36UTvn Spec 3.
Just last week I was comparing the two for brightness and beam shape. I will admit that I was not specifically looking at tint. However, I did not notice any difference in tint, and I usually will if there is much difference. I can't stand a blue-white light and neither of these comes anywhere close to that description.
Hopefully this gives you some idea from my perspective and others can add theirs.
I appreciate your input. Spec 3 sounds really good then regarding the tint, as I'm really liking it on the T6vn.
Now that you have mentioned it, what are your observations regarding brightness and beam shape?

Last edited:

biker1

Enlightened

I would go with option 3 biker, reasons are the difference in brightness over dome on is not that noticeable ,yet the further throw will be. Also loosing around 500k or so does give the xhp70 a slightly nicer tint imo!

Have you though about the NW option but de-domed? that should be very nice:)
Thanks Ven.
I didn't see the numbers on that light regarding lumens and throw, and I didn't want to sacrifice lumens for tint, if the loss of lumens was high enough. Plus with the dome on, I'd be sacrificing the noticeable difference in throw compared with Spec 3.

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh recommend spec 3 cw dedome when i buy mine. Spec 1 have few lumen more, less throw. We cant tell by the eyes. So spec 3 is good to go. I am still at work. I might take picture of tn36utvn and t6vn when i get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.