The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

I agree it's a lot to pay for a flashlight. Keep in mind it's a HID light, not an LED light. Not comparing it value wise to Vinh's lights, just answering the original poster's question. Here's an interesting YouTube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxn4IuyysY4

Oh yeah I understand. :) You answered his question perfectly. Just sux that imho the best combo light Vinh has(X60vn), to step up a level, the price is is so much more. I understand it's a HID, very high quality and comes with high quality accessories. But from a strictly performance stand point going to the XeRay from the X60vn would be very comparable to going to the X60vn from the TK75vn KT. The price is relative to the person, it might be a fair deal for what your getting. I'm not very familiar with HIDs. In my mind, right now, my perfect light would be comparable to the XeRay ie 7500-8500 lumens, 950kcd, but maybe a little bigger than the TK75vnQ with 10+ minutes of runtime on high. We're close to those numbers with LEDs but not quit.

Last edited:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree it's a lot to pay for a flashlight. Keep in mind it's a HID light, not an LED light. Not comparing it value wise to Vinh's lights, just answering the original poster's question. Here's an interesting YouTube link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxn4IuyysY4
You just can't beat the instant on/off and virtually unlimited lifespan of the LED!

Hids were great when there were no other options, but usually if you ever lost your bulb you would be SOL unless you had a backup, "until you lost that one".
Also historically quite heavy but lithium is helping that too.

The instant on makes the led a very effective weapon rendering the victim totally blind without recourse!

I had one of the first of XeRay s "barnburner".... Around 9000 lm out of a 4.5" reflector after using the fatboy bulb and an over driven ballast.

Led is just clean and mean and you don't need a tripod to use it.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alright guys i need your thoughts on something. Im in the middle of car shopping right now. Iv looked at a 2014 gti with 4000 miles on it. I looked at a 2013 volvo c30 t5 and a new masda cx3. I liked the look of the gti the best. I liked the volvos ride the best and i liked the interior of the masda the best. So i like different aspects of each car. Im selling my car to a friend for 5k so i can put some money down. I just dont know what car to get

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

Alright guys i need your thoughts on something. Im in the middle of car shopping right now. Iv looked at a 2014 gti with 4000 miles on it. I looked at a 2013 volvo c30 t5 and a new masda cx3. I liked the look of the gti the best. I liked the volvos ride the best and i liked the interior of the masda the best. So i like different aspects of each car. Im selling my car to a friend for 5k so i can put some money down. I just dont know what car to get

Can't go wrong with the GTI.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just posted the pictures in my 275 meter thrower comparison thread. Check it out and let me know what you guys think.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I can put DriverVNX2 in ArmyteK C1 & C1 ;-) Pain though so the price wont be cheap. Might just do a few for fun ;-)
Throw amazing with most of the lumen in teh hot spot ;-)

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lounge

Another vote for the GTI
I'm not that into FWD sports cars but I've driven my friends 2010 a bit and it's quick n been super reliable.
He even has a 4 bike North Shore rack on there hhah.
Plus coil overs some cats deleted & a custom dyno tune/map etc etc.
I'll try n find a pic w the 4 Downhill Bikes on there n post it tmrw.
Good cars.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good grief! I've ordered five V54 flashlights in the last 55 days. That's a flashlight every 11 days!
Is there a 12 step program for Vinhaholics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts