The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

I know everyone likes the GTI better but check out this Volvo c30 R design. I love the color and rims. Price and miles look good. I just love the body styling of this car.
http://www.warwickautopark.com/m/Vehicle.aspx?ID=185087618

Power is is actully more then the gti. This has 227 hp and 237 torque. I think i read 0-60 tme is just over 6 seconds. Not bad. Better then my 67389064 second subaru

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

Colour is ok,not over struck tbh(i know not the B all and end all) . Kind of funky looking, not saying a bad car but the golf makes for a better all round choice imho. 0-60 in 6s or 7s in real world means not much tbh, 30-70 is more useful(staying sensible here guys) for over taking etc. Its how the power is put down too,what kind suits you....

Seems like you get some snow your way, why move away from AWD type cars(not a trick Q ,just a genuine one;)) as would give for a safer drive(my friends gti which is around 6yrs old is useless in snow,but admit it does not have snow tyres on). We do not get that much snow in the north west england...........slightest of inclines and the car is going know where!! Imagine same applies to the ovlov !!

Only a thought!;)

Golf has 4 motion options,the ovlov cross country version(of course a different model though).
What i do is look at some typical part prices, check exhaust prices,discs and pads,tyres etc. Check for common faults, finding the ovlov has an $800 common problem may be a decider(of course as with the golf). Purely examples there, but worth a thought down the line..........

Take a test drive again, maybe this time longer both on back roads and freeways............the ride maybe tiresome after 30mins! That goes for any motor considered.

I know i am stating the obvious, but sometimes little things can get missed and helps reduce the chances of regret down the line. $300 a month as a fair investment and i am sure you want it to be spot on for that.

Always worth test driving more than 1 of the same car if possible, and dont take for granted a newish car is not accident repaired. A friend bought a 3yr old gtid golf,very nice till it went up on the ramp and VW refused to do warranty work,poorly repaired after a crash............(not bought from a VW dealer) but i dont trust any dealers anyway!!!!! Got money back on car and ended up with a 120d bmw,not for me but he actually prefers the drive over the golf........everyone is different though.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

hey ven you spelled color wrong :p :p :p

yes I agree with ven 0-60 is cool sometimes but how often are you going to be flat out from a stop light?

my 2006 s4 is 0-60 in 4.8-ish and my 2011 corolla is much slower (probably like 9-10 seconds)... both cars can get into traffic and up to speed fine... but the audi has massive power from 40-110 which is much more practical for getting around semis (or as ven would say a Lorrie! LOL)

I would still vote for the GTI - but I honestly think you should buy which ever car you will have more fun with and enjoy more... unless you have scrooge mcduck wealth - you wont be buying another car anytime soon haha.

ven

Flashaholic

:nana:Dont forget what flavour too,as long as the colour looks right:p

and yes the English spelling is a pita at best,should be spelt how it sownds!

Least we drive on the "right" side of the road.........figuratively speaking of course;)

Love the s4,rs4 more so,then the rs6 is my ultimate family chariout,but £12k or so for new ceramic brakes............:faint:

Loving the new rs3,like a mini rs4.........just the prices!!!

One of the best value motors for hire purchase right now in the UK for around £300(or was a few month back) is the golf R.........

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

:nana:Dont forget what flavour too,as long as the colour looks right:p

and yes the English spelling is a pita at best,should be spelt how it sownds!

Least we drive on the "right" side of the road.........figuratively speaking of course;)

Love the s4,rs4 more so,then the rs6 is my ultimate family chariout,but £12k or so for new ceramic brakes............:faint:

Loving the new rs3,like a mini rs4.........just the prices!!!

One of the best value motors for hire purchase right now in the UK for around £300(or was a few month back) is the golf R.........

yes audi are getting more expensive now and maintenance is even worse!

at least the gas is cheap - premium fuel here is now down to around 2.75-2.99 a gallon (it used to be close to 4.50)

I like the golf R and also the older golf R32.

I am a big fan of cheap transportation these days - 430-450 miles per week for my commute for the last 4-5 years

ven

Flashaholic

wow thats some mile Justin, i do around 100 a week just for work(nothing in comparison).
At around £55-£60ish a tank(from a tad under a 1/4) i get around 260miles give/take 20 or so................

Your commute would cost me around $150 a week
In my old shogun v6 ,around $350 a week...............:faint:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow thats some mile Justin, i do around 100 a week just for work(nothing in comparison).
At around £55-£60ish a tank(from a tad under a 1/4) i get around 260miles give/take 20 or so................

Your commute would cost me around $150 a week
In my old shogun v6 ,around $350 a week...............:faint:

I spend around $20-25 every 4 days on gas - no problem :)

corolla is cheap! 37mpg!

ven

Flashaholic

:cool: anything over 10-12mpg is cheap for me !! :laughing: Now 24mpg on average,even had 30mpg on a run @80.........ish most of the time.

My motoring costs have less than 1/2ed so i am happy, just miss the big boot and getting to do some off road(wheeling) stuff............maybe at a later date i will get another "proper"4x4

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will be driving 100 miles a day to work and back. I test drive the gti and i did not care for it. The power stearing was kinda stiff. And the car was very rough on the road. Not good for long drives. I then test drive the masda cx3 and it was much smoother but lacking on power. Im drivong out to look at the volvo c30 now. The last one i drive had the power. Actually more then the gti but it was nice and smooth and handing was better for me. I dont think i like sporty suspention and stearing

ven

Flashaholic

Hey try our UK roads Alex, shocking pot holes on most roads..............You get peeps lowering and fitting large rims, low 30 tyre walls and (been there when i was 20 and roads where better) wonder why???

My opinion, subaru spent 1,000,000's sorting the set up out,only for some young dude to slap some 30mm lowering kit on it,upsetting camber angles(how many get proper set up after.........bet not many). Then spine shattering ride,even makes handling worse on our country bumpy roads..........each to their own i guess and only my opinion. Maybe i am getting old(left myself open there!!!!):p

I remember getting my cavalier gsi 4x4 lowered, obviously going fast being a boy racer,hitting the brakes, ABS kicked in due to the bumps and bouncing the front end and slid out across luckily a quiet junction.......lesson learned at 20!!

So yes,too sporty for me is out,seems you have your head screwed on well Alex for your age,wish i had when i was your age :laughing: fast cars and women,god knows how much money i went through :laughing: Good memories though.............other than that junction :laughing:

Now i try and find a balance of performance, slight comfort(cant call an impreza that comfy) but compared to limited editions it is!!!.
I like my fairly quick cars, i also like a little comfort and not too hard core..........as said,been there done that.

imo the 5 series is one of the better drives, nice balance, comfy over the bumps, rwd although pita is the white powder but fun!!! Prefer it to the 3 series anyway for drive....
More test drives you do, more chance of getting it right,the car will pick you!
;)

ven

Flashaholic

Is there any chance of a Fenix FD40vn? I have no idea what could be done to this light but I am curious.

Current bump, maybe driverVN if possible would be awesome .............not sure what a de-dome would do. Big bonus imo would be led swap to maybe a neutral............

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Lounge

Yah sporty can be a bit tough to live with day to day driving wise.
My old AE86 with the crazy 2way diff was *VERY* stiff on coil overs w springs made for a car that weighed over 1000lbs more.
I had a decent set up tho and it was super fun to slide around even on rough mountain roads.
I've been driving for Über & Lyft for spare $ (musicians usually don't earn much haha) and when I sold my FUN car I purposely bought the WORST performance car ever so that I didn't have even a chance to drive it for fun - a cheap old Prius which has actually been insanely practical with surfboards & bikes etc etc.
it's kind of fun to drive hella slow & see how much MPG u can get.
Quite a change from drifting on mtn passes tho....

Hopefully I can get a track car again in the next few years.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

The new 219C is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From a P60vnT I got 2500/2380 Lumen!

Not sure what the CRI on this is but if this LED is HCRI then we just got the brightest HCRI LED ever!

The tint is so niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

The new 219C is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From a P60vnT I got 2500/2380 Lumen!

Not sure what the CRI on this is but if this LED is HCRI then we just got the brightest HCRI LED ever!

The tint is so niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

That's awesome. Are they neutral or warm?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Lux coming soon ;-)

Carclo Narrow Triple Optics + DriverVN2 + XPL V6 PDT + Internal CuHS + V54 Engraved, Lumen 2600/2350, Lux 24K/22K
Carclo Narrow Triple Optics + DriverVN2 + 219C + Internal CuHS + V54 Engraved, Lumen 2500/2380, Lux
Carclo Narrow Triple Optics + XPL CW V6 Dome On + Internal CuHS + V54 Engraved, Lumen 3000/2730, Lux
Carclo Narrow Triple Optics + XPG2 PDT + Internal CuHS + V54 Engraved, Lumen 1900/1780, Lux
Carclo Narrow Triple Optics + XPL HI CW V3 + Internal CuHS + V54 Engraved, Lumen 2850/2620, Lux

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

P60vnT

Carclo Narrow Triple Optics + DriverVN2 + XPL V6 PDT + Internal CuHS + V54 Engraved, Lumen 2600/2350, Lux 24K/22K

Carclo Narrow Triple Optics + DriverVN2 + 219C + Internal CuHS + V54 Engraved, Lumen 2500/2380, Lux 13K/12K

Carclo Narrow Triple Optics + XPL CW V6 Dome On + Internal CuHS + V54 Engraved, Lumen 3000/2730, Lux 10K/9K

Carclo Narrow Triple Optics + XPG2 PDT + Internal CuHS + V54 Engraved, Lumen 1900/1780, Lux 26K/24K

Carclo Narrow Triple Optics + XPL HI CW V3 + Internal CuHS + V54 Engraved, Lumen 2850/2620, Lux 20K/18K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts