The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

Congratulations, you are a winner!
Leave your most powerful V54 lights at home. Since you'll be a visitor, it wouldn't be right to overpower the stadium lights.
:D

huffman.matthew

Newly Enlightened
Re: The TPT100--a dream, a hope

The EC11 is great, I have been thinking about asking you to do a custom job on an MT10C.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

i think at the size your talking about, its gonna be super hard to find a host that small with a reflector big enough to produce 100kcd.
the smallest light i think vinh ever created that hit 100 kcd was the x6vn. he has discontinued that light for some reason though. i really dont know why.
to me, that host is good quality, and the price was very reasonable. i own about 5 x6's. one of them is a vn.
vinh should really bring that light back, and experiment with it....

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nitecore EC11 or Armytek C1 would be good starts. I have both and they are the best throwers of the small genre that I own.

EDIT: see you already mentioned that Nitecore and some of the others mentioned are too big for a pocket in my opinion. Like the Zebralight. I can only manage the SC62w for pocket carry.

Last edited:

MaxBeam

Enlightened

i think at the size your talking about, its gonna be super hard to find a host that small with a reflector big enough to produce 100kcd.
the smallest light i think vinh ever created that hit 100 kcd was the x6vn. he has discontinued that light for some reason though. i really dont know why.
to me, that host is good quality, and the price was very reasonable. i own about 5 x6's. one of them is a vn.
vinh should really bring that light back, and experiment with it....

+99! :thumbsup: .

I couldn't agree more. I own several X6vn's, it's one of my favorite lights. The only thing that would make it better would be 1 or 2 lower output levels added, such as moonlight and low.

Last edited:

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast

So did any of you get a Lux reading on the X6vn? It must have been up around 100k, right? Esp. with the XPG2.

Is the X6vn built from the Eagle Eyes X6 chassis?

If so, the general size and head-configuration remind me a lot of the Quark Turbo XML, i.e. the late lamented QB2L-X. That had a very large reflector in order to get a decent hotspot from the larger XML die.

I have always thought that head might make a good basis for a mod. Too bad that the Quarks cannot take an 18650.

A head like that running from an 18350 might do the trick?

I'm thinking that the X6vn is not quite pocketable in the way I had in mind--it's more like the TX25C2 in that you can clip it into your pocket and have it ride vertically, but it could never ride horizontally in the bottom of your pocket.

flashaholic1

Enlightened

I need you guys's help. One of my cars headlights went out, how should I go about replacing them? Should I replace both so that they're identical in beam/output. What kind of headlights do you guys recommend? I have a 04 Corolla. Thanks!

lumentia

Enlightened

So did any of you get a Lux reading on the X6vn? It must have been up around 100k, right? Esp. with the XPG2.

Is the X6vn built from the Eagle Eyes X6 chassis?

If so, the general size and head-configuration remind me a lot of the Quark Turbo XML, i.e. the late lamented QB2L-X. That had a very large reflector in order to get a decent hotspot from the larger XML die.

I have always thought that head might make a good basis for a mod. Too bad that the Quarks cannot take an 18650.

A head like that running from an 18350 might do the trick?

I'm thinking that the X6vn is not quite pocketable in the way I had in mind--it's more like the TX25C2 in that you can clip it into your pocket and have it ride vertically, but it could never ride horizontally in the bottom of your pocket.
Maybe a tx25c with drivervnx2 and xpe2 dedomed would get you there with the right cells? That looks pretty pocketable.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I need you guys's help. One of my cars headlights went out, how should I go about replacing them? Should I replace both so that they're identical in beam/output. What kind of headlights do you guys recommend? I have a 04 Corolla. Thanks!

Yes you should replace both so they are close in output and lifespan. I've worked at dealership for almost 15 years and some things are best replaced in pairs.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the Sylvania SilverStar Ultra bulbs. Also check the condition of the lenses.

My lenses being plastic between getting sandblasted and uv yellowing started showing their age. The Maguire's polishing kit worked well. $25 at Walmart.

GM wanted $336 per light. Fare trade,1 1/2 hours of my time verses $672 plus tax.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the Sylvania SilverStar Ultra bulbs. Also check the condition of the lenses.

My lenses being plastic between getting sandblasted and uv yellowing started showing their age. The Maguire's polishing kit worked well. $25 at Walmart.

GM wanted $336 per light. Fare trade,1 1/2 hours of my time verses $672 plus tax.

Toothpaste works to remove the yellow film on plastic headlights too. The kits you can buy for buffing the headlamps are better but toothpaste works in a pinch.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

the x6 can be had with lower modes. just would need to install a new driver....vnx2 maybe heheh
i have two x6's with a custom driver that has moonlight mode and several low modes. turbo is a 4000 lumen monster...it has a triple xpl.
and the x6 was originally a eagle eye brand, but now there are several clones out there...the build is just as nice.
and yes, the x6vn xpg2 was tested to be 100kcd and i think 900 lumens.
and check this! there is a short body tube for the x6 in the making right now over on the other forum, it will be selling for around $5.
you will now be able to use a 18350 on a x6! now this is a tiny cute light with a big head.....this is the TPT100 you are looking for!
hint hint vinh.....i think you should really bring the x6vn back.....epecially with the shory body tube available soon

lumentia

Enlightened

the x6 can be had with lower modes. just would need to install a new driver....vnx2 maybe heheh
i have two x6's with a custom driver that has moonlight mode and several low modes. turbo is a 4000 lumen monster...it has a triple xpl.
and the x6 was originally a eagle eye brand, but now there are several clones out there...the build is just as nice.
and yes, the x6vn xpg2 was tested to be 100kcd and i think 900 lumens.
and check this! there is a short body tube for the x6 in the making right now over on the other forum, it will be selling for around $5.
you will now be able to use a 18350 on a x6! now this is a tiny cute light with a big head.....this is the TPT100 you are looking for!
hint hint vinh.....i think you should really bring the x6vn back.....epecially with the shory body tube available soon

I wonder if you could measure for me the diameter of the head and overall length on the x6? TIA.

knucklehead726

Newly Enlightened
M6lt 900lm mod

Anybody know anything about upgrading a M6? Mines just gathering dust. You know Surefire came out with the 1200lm model, like, the day after I got mine! Same thing with the Fury. Mines 500lm, now they're 600lm and high comes on first! So, now I got a Peacekeeper, Surefires attempt to join the 21st century with a 18650 battery and a cute little charger. I'll give them credit though, when they say 600 lumens, it feels right. It must be killing them though, having to concede all the future 123 battery sales! The writing ' s on the wall boys, your battery dynasty is coming to an end. Anyway, I digress. How about helping a guy out? M6 needs a tune-up.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sylvania SS gets panned in the CPF auto lighting section. No real output boost, annoying tint, short life span. :(

At first, I bought into the marketing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.