The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxBeam

Enlightened
Re: The TPT100--a dream, a hope

I wonder if you could measure for me the diameter of the head and overall length on the x6? TIA.

Eagle Eye X6 (X6vn)
5 1/4" overall length
1 1/2" head width
15/16" body width

Eagletac TX25C2
4 3/4" overall length
1 3/16" head width
15/16" body width

measurements are with soft measuring tape - NOT calipers . . . .

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

Sylvania SS gets panned in the CPF auto lighting section. No real output boost, annoying tint, short life span. :(

At first, I bought into the marketing as well.

When I checked the automotive lighting section, all of the threads were very old, most dating back to the early to mid 2000 year range.

Sylvania is constantly making changes and keeps the same name.

I've got the PIAA 19616 bulbs in my wagon with mixed results. I was hoping for another 20 or so yards of throw without disturbing the stock alignment.

Too bad I can't go back to the days of my truck having the Cibie Z beams. Bright with sharp cutoff.

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sylvania SS gets panned in the CPF auto lighting section. No real output boost, annoying tint, short life span. :(

I used silverstars from 2003 to somewhere around 2009 - they were brighter than the stock bulbs I replaced in all 3 vehicles - but yes, had to replace them every 9 - 12 months../

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eagle Eye X6 (X6vn)
5 1/4" overall length
1 1/2" head width
15/16" body width

Eagletac TX25C2
4 3/4" overall length
1 3/16" head width
15/16" body width

measurements are with soft measuring tape - NOT calipers . . . .

The x6 with the short body should be somewhere around 3.5 inches long.
The body and tail cap is even shorter than the head! Haha
you can find pictures on the other website.
Just search for a6 18350 tubes.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yep -
Same with the Phillips +130 extreme vision. They're a great tint (not too cool) and have great output but only last ~8months.

Prototype3a

Newly Enlightened

+1

Almost anytime they tint the glass or other wierd things, they have to make the filament thinner so it runs hotter and brighter to get the same 'OTF' lumens which in turn reduces the life of the bulb. I would just look for the 'cheap' bulbs rated for the longest life and call it a day.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast

That X6 shorty looks very nice! Kind of like what David Chow used to call a "stubby", when you could lego together a Quark Turbo head with a single 123 body.

Now if only our Host could work his modding magic on them, we might have a TPT100!

(And for the sake of compactness, I would even forgo the rear clicky, if there was some way to get either a twisty interface, or a side-clicky on the head, the way that the EC11 has it.)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I found the dual springs design above to be superior to the regular wire attachment design. I will use this design more where I can. Cost will be up a tiny bit for the extra work and costs of springs but its worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.