• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite Spydie is my Native 5 in S110V, no wait, Gayle Bradley in M4, or is it my Maxamet Mule....
Just like V54 lights, I can't pick a favorite.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Yes. Small circles touch positive poles. Springs touch flat negative ends. When screwing on the cap make sure to line up orientation pins on cap with corresponding holes in light, drop straight down, then screw on.
(I say drop straight down as apparently it's possible to short circuit it if sloppily slid on across the batteries.
+1. Glad to hear you're re-sporting the T6VN flashaholic1.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
That's great you're getting a Sage W21. I almost bought several varieties of that knife so many times but never did buy it. I don't have a lot of Spyderco knives. Just a Manix2 XL, Squeak titanium, Delica 4, and a couple Byrd by Spyderco followed by several Ganzo Spyderco knockoffs.

About the Manix2 XL, it is like a jumbo sized Sage with ball bearing lock that really snaps in hard and firm. S30V steel. Love the Manix2 XL. Amazon should be fine for ordering Spyderco. Knifecenter.com is even safer. I got a few knives from there. Got the Manix2 XL off ebay for $100 but had to do a year of research to make sure it wasn't fake before going ahead and buying it.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Nice collection of special edition Sydies MC408. When shopping for a knife I always do serious consideration to the standard editions but definitely go through and look at all the higher priced special editions too. A lot of fun to see what they've made, but utilitarian is my budget. lol

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn man. Undercover or unmarked white sedan follow me... till i make a left to home, then he turn back and gone, Maybe i was driving little to the left lane at one point, then that make him want to follow me to see if i am drunk or not.. i am not. Just long day at work, and night driving...

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are bulbmoguls jeans in the background.:)

11514%20-%20animated_gif%20charlton_heston%20laughing%20planet_of_the_apes%20reaction_image.gif

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite Spydie is my Native 5 in S110V, no wait, Gayle Bradley in M4, or is it my Maxamet Mule....
Just like V54 lights, I can't pick a favorite.

Nice.... I'm excited to receive my first. :)

That's great you're getting a Sage W21. I almost bought several varieties of that knife so many times but never did buy it. I don't have a lot of Spyderco knives. Just a Manix2 XL, Squeak titanium, Delica 4, and a couple Byrd by Spyderco followed by several Ganzo Spyderco knockoffs.

About the Manix2 XL, it is like a jumbo sized Sage with ball bearing lock that really snaps in hard and firm. S30V steel. Love the Manix2 XL. Amazon should be fine for ordering Spyderco. Knifecenter.com is even safer. I got a few knives from there. Got the Manix2 XL off ebay for $100 but had to do a year of research to make sure it wasn't fake before going ahead and buying it.

Haha that's says so much about you Stack. I appreciate due diligence but mine usually consists of about 10 minutes.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my T6vn back (woo hoo). I've already emailed wimmer, but I'll ask here too.. I'm nervous about putting the batteries back in here haha...

So Inside the light, the battery negative (-) end should be going into the two spring slots? And the battery positive (+) side should go face down against the flat metal bumpers(for lack of better word)?

Im sure that is correct, but can't have another meltdown.. literally lol

Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you yet. Me and HKJ been real busy with testing.
1075m2s.jpg

MC408

Enlightened
Wow. Those are nice flash. I'm jealous! Makes me Wonder , is anodizing or cerakoting lights popular in the light world? With guns and knives, there the performanace first tactical guys (glockaholics) who don't care how it looks just want it to work and then the make it pretty and blinggy guys (1911 and polished chrome). I assume same is true in light world.

anyways, Cerakoting is pretty popular w guns, but haven't seen much done on flashlights.

i got a buddy who does cerakoting and he's done a couple guns and knives of mine. I may have him do one of my lights, I'll post if it looks good!

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Those are nice flash. I'm jealous! Makes me Wonder , is anodizing or cerakoting lights popular in the light world? With guns and knives, there the performanace first tactical guys (glockaholics) who don't care how it looks just want it to work and then the make it pretty and blinggy guys (1911 and polished chrome). I assume same is true in light world.

anyways, Cerakoting is pretty popular w guns, but haven't seen much done on flashlights.

i got a buddy who does cerakoting and he's done a couple guns and knives of mine. I may have him do one of my lights, I'll post if it looks good!

NL and Capo (not the dog)

Me and jskelton

gifs_11.gif

MC408

Enlightened
Lol. Figured there were both types out there. Funny you guys know each other so well. Hey guys. So total newbie question but I want to make sure I'm being safe. I jumped into the big leagues and vinhs lights before knowing a whole lot. I was told to use unprotected hi drain 18650s to insure turbo runs properly. I got a bunch of the Sony VTC5s.

Ive been reading through the differences and warnings of protected vs unprotected and my head hurts from all the info. Can someone just give me the bullet point version of Do's and don'ts with these batteries so I don't burn my house down. lol. Thanks!

ven

Flashaholic
Make sure decent charger, be it nitecore,xtar,opus etc(not ending in fire but presume your past this part anyway).
Dont over discharge...............like under 3v if possible, certainly not bellow 2.5v and if the case re-charge immediately and dont leave alone.
Ideally top cells back off around 3.3-3.5v back to 4.2v for ease and saves charge times.
Charge rate of 1a/1.5a is a happy medium, you can charge at 2 or 3a for a fast charge, but not ideal to do regular as will reduce cycle life.
Have a multi meter to aid voltage checks, be it to check cell and see if charger is within spec(not over charging for example)
Lock lights out when not in use or remove cells if prolonged periods(avoids any accidental activation's and/or parasitic drain(light depending).
Dont leave the cell/s charging alone or over night if possible, be in the area to keep an eye on things.............just in case, as even 1 in a 1,000,000 is still 1 occurrence! for someone!

Dont leave light untended or lend out to people not in the know(so to speak). Sitting a v54 light on turbo somewhere is not good! Use in your hand and use your hand as a guide, gets uncomfortable then dial it down a mode or off.

Sony vtc5 cells are high drain and have a more stable chemistry under load with less voltage sag. Although some say a safer chemistry( it is in certain applications). They should be treated the same, with care/respect regardless of a PCB.

Have a read here if not already
http://skylumen.com/pages/must-read-purchase-agreement

And enjoy!!!!!!!!!:)

ven

Flashaholic
Oh and too add, learn the light, so on a full charge ready to go light.........use it for set periods of time. Check the V and learn how much use to what end V (rough guide).

For example, you may find a light will give you 2hrs of your uses of turbo's and mediums etc etc. The V maybe 3.5v, so you can get a rough idea of when to swap out the cell and charge it back up. If you use it daily, it may suit to top off cell every night.................it may work out that its once a week(light and use dependent). Basically what works for you...............

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
In multi-cell lights, be sure to buy a matched set of batteries (brand, model, bought at same time from same trusted source). Label them with a Sharpie as a group and use & charge & store them only as a group. Along with above advice, you'll be golden!

ven

Flashaholic
Yes MAD ,thank you for adding................ i knew i would forget something and no doubt other bits too:)

Latest posts