• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The Nautilus Flashlight - Hardcoat Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

p73rs

Newly Enlightened
I did the search, but I couldn't find the answer. How is this light regulated to 350mh on high? Is there a regulator for constant current or like just a resistor?

I don't know much about electronics. So, I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
p73ers: The light is fully regulated using a two-stage constant current converter so constant light output is maintained for nearly the entire life of the battery on both levels.

gtie

Enlightened
The Nautilus has surfaced in North Carolina...

2084765902_c45111a78d_o.jpg

Last edited:

da.gee

Enlightened
Agreed, very tight. Ship mine Enrique! I'm not excited or anything.

One question: pronounce MUYSHONDT (mwee - shont?)

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Truth be told I'm kinda turned off by the engraving. I was looking forward to your AL version, but now I'm not so sure. I completely respect your right to brand your product however you see fit, it is just not the sort of thing I expect to see on a custom light. Branding like that should be reserved for Mag and Fenix, both of which you clearly outclass. We didn't see it on the CR2, nor your Nautilus Ti, why the change on the AL version? And now for the $195 question, can it be had without the branding?

-Scott
OKC, OK

I have a one word reason for not buying this light "Muyshondt"... I clicked on this thread like a giddy school girl in anticipation of the alu price. However upon seeing a non English word prominently sprawled around the light I could not bring myself to ordering. And that stinks cause I love my Ion and was looking forward to this...

I see that Muyshondt is your last name, and I mean no disrespect to that. It just takes something away from the aesthetics imo. Moreso because of how bold and large the font is. If there is a clean version or one with 'Nautilus' in place of 'Muyshondt' I may be right back on the boat so to speak.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I have a one word reason for not buying this light "Muyshondt"... I clicked on this thread like a giddy school girl in anticipation of the alu price. However upon seeing a non English word prominently sprawled around the light I could not bring myself to ordering. And that stinks cause I love my Ion and was looking forward to this...

I see that Muyshondt is your last name, and I mean no disrespect to that. It just takes something away from the aesthetics imo. Moreso because of how bold and large the font is. If there is a clean version or one with 'Nautilus' in place of 'Muyshondt' I may be right back on the boat so to speak.

I'm not looking to contribute to a sore debate or argument and I know that it's been discussed about the engraving, but I did want to publicly say that I agree with you. The current engraving, in my opinion, is a turn-off and it lessens the light's eye-appeal. That's being said, I ordered (2) of them anyway, from BrightGuy. They shipped today and I'll have them on Wednesday. I can always do "something" to fix the engraving if I can't live with it, however I wasn't willing to pass on this light.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
TIN: About 1 Volt.

da.gee: It already left. :) As for the pronunciation of Muyshondt, I'll let you have a few more guesses before spilling the beans. ;)

gtie: Glad to see the Nautilus made it over!

Take care folks.

-Enrique

Last edited:

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's Here!

Beautiful knurling, anodizing, and color. Amazing amount of light for 350mh, reflector is fairly deep with a narrow spill. has a slight green hint to the tint as expected in the WG bin, very nice imo. twist action is a little stiff, but i expect it to get smoother. I was unsure about the engraving as well, but after getting it I think it makes it more interesting and gives it a story:D. I would like to be able to properly pronounce it when showing it off to flashaholic friend though. Is it "moo-ee-shondt"?
Verdict: A teriffic primary cell light:clap:

Had to compare it to my other favorite pocket light because of the obvious. The makers(E.M. vs D.S) do not compare as Enrique is a top shelf guy:D.
PS. These pics were taken with only my zebralight headlamp as a light source! found another amazing use for an amazing headlamp:party:
100_8437Medium.jpg

100_8447Medium.jpg

100_8468Medium.jpg

fleegs

Enlightened
Got my Natural today. I love this light! This is my best light (design) that I own. I am heading toward making it my EDC. Just a little more testing.

I am glad it has writing on it. It does look ugly but I love explaining it's the makers last name. Kind of like a personal signature on a custom light.

When compared to my Ti Nautilus, the Natural is dimmer on low. Yeah! This justifies why I had to get the aluminum version. It has a lower low of course.

The aluminum appears to have more play in the head than my Ti light. But not enough that a "normal" person would ever notice. Beams are identical. That is amazing to me.

I say again, great job on this light!

rob

Russki

Enlightened
Light received today. This is one great light.
Three words: brightness, runtime and quality.
Great Job. Will be among my favorites. :twothumbs
Thanks Enrique.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Folks,

I'm glad to see these started arriving today.

FlashInThePan: If you want one, I've got one for you. Just drop me a line and I'll get you squared away. :)

-Enrique

da.gee

Enlightened
da.gee: It already left. :) As for the pronunciation of Muyshondt, I'll let you have a few more guesses before spilling the beans. ;)

-Enrique

Looking forward to my "moooey-shaunt". It sure looks to be a great all the time carry. Small form factor, nice low and enough high and throw, handsome piece. Cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.