• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The Nautilus Flashlight Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedPRO

Enlightened
Received mine today, superb craftsmanship, and it is very BRIGHT!
I love a very simple 2 stages light and this is about as small as it gets, same size as FF3.....Thanks!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
NautIon.jpg

hoppyjr

Newly Enlightened
This is VERY nice Enrique.

Anyone have beam shots to post?

Thanks!

Hoppy

charlesn

Enlightened
My Nautilus also arrived yesterday and let me add my "Wow!" to the chorus of wow reactions to this light. In the instruction sheet that's packed with the light, Enrique mentions that he as been working on the Nautilus design since April and wanted to get every part of it as close to perfect as possible. Well, Enrique, all I can say is "Mission Accomplished!"

The craftsmanship is incredible and every bit as perfect as the pictures reveal. I've found that limited edition custom lights, as expensive as they can be, often have a tendency towards being hit and miss when it comes to "fit n' finish" quality. You know what I mean: the LED's not quite centered, the knurling could be better, the HA is mismatched, the body has some machine marks, the battery rattles, etc. NOT SO with the Nautilus, which has the no excuses fit and finish of a Patek Philippe watch. Perfectionists take note: this is the flashlight for you.

In terms of performance... wow again. If you want to know how far LED technology has come in the last year or so, just turn the Nautilus to BRIGHT! and then consider the runtime you're getting out of a single CR123 battery. Unbelievable. Hands down, it's also the best Cree beam that I've ever seen.

The ergonomics are great, too. It's small, but not too small, and the brass innards give it just the right amount of heft. When you pick up the Nautilus, it just feels like a tool of superbly high quality. And looks? Can I just say wow one more time? The Ti body with brass accents oozes a highly refined sense of class, while also being capable of handling daily abuse.

I would imagine that Enrique will probably have a few Nautili left for sale due to some orders falling through, and I'd strongly suggest snapping one up if you missed out when the order list closed.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
charles ... you are singing a song of praise like I seldom heard one :D Looking forward to mine ...

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine arrived today and it is as bright maybe brighter than my Novatac 85P! Pretty amazing when you consider that it is being driven at only 350 ma:twothumbs

Beautiful light, shorter than my Fenix P1D-CE by about 3/16" of an inch and narrower as well. The low is brighter than the Ti PD-S low setting as well.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Folks,

Thanks for the kind words everyone - I'm truly very glad to see that you all have liked your lights, it really makes projects like these worthwhile.

Luxlunatic - Beautiful pictures, far better than those on my work table lit up by incandescents. :) What setup do you use for your photos?

Charlesn - I'm honored by your comments, thank you. :eek:

Bernie & The Old World Crew (;)): I'm hoping all the Nautili headed across the Atlantic make it over to you guys soon, all of them went out via International Priority, so any day now they should start arriving.

Take care folks!

-Enrique

yoyoteen

Newly Enlightened
anyone did runtime test? and, will it get hot running at High (at least 30min)? :popcorn:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I ran mine for 25 minutes on high in my hand and it got warm, not hot. This is where the 350mA comes into play. With that current draw, its not gonna get that hot. :thumbsup:

I might though if left tailstanding on high for a extended period.... :eek:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Non-related but important question--how did yours arrive---USPS??? Just anxiously waiting for mine!

Karl

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Folks,

A few people backed out at the last minute on their reservation for a Nautilus and I have a small number of them left over if anyone missed out and would still like one - just send me an e-mail, [email protected], and I'll get you squared away!

YoYoTeen: Runtime is two hours and forty-five minutes on high mode before the light starts going out of regulation, and it'll run for several hours after that in a dimmer mode. Low mode will run for several days - likely for around 85 hours. On high mode the light does not get particularly hot since the power consumption is low.

Karl: How did the post office treat you today? :popcorn:

-Enrique

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still on my box of popcorn as well Enrique---my mailman is slow as I've ever seen him for some reason!!! I'm still waiting!!:(

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Nautilus!! Sometimes takes just a bit longer than I'd like with these "special deliveries" but, She/he/its (?) here and what a beauty it is!! Very nice clean lines, smooth turning action--brass on Titanium seems to work just fine--clean cut knurling, smaller than I'd expected and, at least in THIS case, smaller IS better (!)--quite a bit smaller/slimmer than any other of my collection of 123 powered lights, whatever the design and UI. This has a great quality feel and look about it--tasteful and hefty enough that it feels right. Peachy huh? Watsit do in terms of light? I dunno?? :shrug: It's still pretty light out and, I don't generally like to try out lights in my basement--prefer the real world. It's getting darker outside---Hell, it just HAD to---I've been waiting for this light today for HOURS---so, I'll be on one of my nightly jaunts and I'll be giving it a try. It sure does seem nice for lighting up the walls of my home now, it will the paths of my travel. Very nice job Enrique, a most worthy successor to the CR2 Ion!! Now , I gotta get my Ti CR2 Ion--missed out last time it seems but did pick up a couple of Al-Br Ions!

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.