• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The New Luxeon III Generation Issues

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
wasBlinded said:
They went back to the old height, once all the old joker slugs were used up.

So there are potentially thousands of these old joker LED's floating around, and no way to tell whether you got jokers or not? That sux!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The new False Joker is reportedly back to original slug height but I and some others have noticed that the -J reflectors seem to work better with these than the original reflectors. It may be that the apparent image has not returned to the same Z location. I have been guessing at the image location all along anyway and the false joker still has me guessing. :eek: The guessing game is getting old though and less interesting. :ohgeez:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you're right McGizmo. I've got several of Orb's Raw NS series, two with original slug heights and cutdown McR-18, one Raw with a Joker and cutdown Joker McR-18, and one Raw with what must be a Falser Joker. Neither a McR-18 or a Joker reflector in it matches the beam with either of the other Raw's, but the Joker does better, falling somewhere in between as far as hotspot diameter goes.