The Official Zebralight Thread .

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is zebra still operational during this pandemic?

I also wonder about this.
Recently I wrote to customer service to ask if they are planning a 18650 version of the H502pr (or new H503pr) but after a few hours I get an error ..
"452 <cs @ zebralight.com> Domain size limit exceeded "

Currently I see many items out of stock on the site but I know that in March they were operational because they sent me back a light that I had sent for repair (parasite discharge)

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
Recently I wrote to customer service to ask if they are planning a 18650 version of the H502pr (or new H503pr) but after a few hours I get an error ..

Currently I see many items out of stock on the site but I know that in March they were operational because they sent me back a light that I had sent for repair (parasite discharge)

I know last month in the middle of April I wrote to them to ask on the back order status of an sc64c LE and got a response of 5 weeks. That would place the lead time for next week, so I can only assume they are still operational.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast

I tried to write to the sales department through the Zebralight registered account, they replied after a few hours.
At the moment there is no news on a new version with red light AA or 18650

Mgizler

Enlightened
Tried and tried to find another SC5, but keep striking out or missing a sale by minutes. But landed a New sc52 l2 on the mall. Pumped to have another zebralight in my collection!!

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried and tried to find another SC5, but keep striking out or missing a sale by minutes. But landed a New sc52 l2 on the mall. Pumped to have another zebralight in my collection!!

I have a couple of SC52's, and I like that they can take a 14500 battery. They're actually a little brighter than the SC5 which only will take NiMH. However, I usually just run them with Eneloops, since they're almost always indoor lights so I don't need the extra brightness. The SC5 is the brightest 1xAA light I know, although you need a good cell to get the highest level. I think I'm a little fonder of the smaller SC52 format, though.

Mgizler

Enlightened
I have a couple of SC52's, and I like that they can take a 14500 battery. They're actually a little brighter than the SC5 which only will take NiMH. However, I usually just run them with Eneloops, since they're almost always indoor lights so I don't need the extra brightness. The SC5 is the brightest 1xAA light I know, although you need a good cell to get the highest level. I think I'm a little fonder of the smaller SC52 format, though.

I loved my old sc52. But I ended up selling it to purchase an SC5w. I really enjoyed the sc5w. And ran Eneloop pros in each one of them. That's what I will most likely use when it gets here.
I ended up selling the sc5w to put the money towards a different purchase altogether. I quickly realized that I regretted my decision.

It seems as though ZL has been out of stock on nearly everything in the last few months. What gives? I don't ever remember it being like this.

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems as though ZL has been out of stock on nearly everything in the last few months. What gives? I don't ever remember it being like this.

My guess is that when China shut down all their factories, Zebralight's stock dried up. I think China's factories are back up now, so I presume new lights should be resupplied soon. But, I've noticed that during the past couple of years, everything I've bought from their main store has been back-ordered, and usually takes about 2 weeks to ship after I order. Maybe that still what they're doing. Zebralight is horrible about keeping their web page up to date.

Mgizler

Enlightened
My guess is that when China shut down all their factories, Zebralight's stock dried up. I think China's factories are back up now, so I presume new lights should be resupplied soon. But, I've noticed that during the past couple of years, everything I've bought from their main store has been back-ordered, and usually takes about 2 weeks to ship after I order. Maybe that still what they're doing. Zebralight is horrible about keeping their web page up to date.

Good point. I figured there were some issues since China was poop down. But it seems like it's been this way for years with them. Hopefully they get restocked back up. I would really like another SC5

Jeffg0330

Newly Enlightened
. But it seems like it's been this way for years with them. Hopefully they get restocked back up. I would really like another SC5

Which version SC5 are you looking for? The 4500K is available now and the high CRI is on "back order" but from my recent experiences on "back order" from Zebralight translated to next day shipped. But the CW isn't even listed currently

Mgizler

Enlightened
Which version SC5 are you looking for? The 4500K is available now and the high CRI is on "back order" but from my recent experiences on "back order" from Zebralight translated to next day shipped. But the CW isn't even listed currently

I guess I just assumed since it said back order that they weren't in stock and I never placed an order on one. I never even tried to.
I was looking for another sc5w or SC5 cool white. Or neutral. Really any one.

bhds

Enlightened
I'm looking to get a new single AA work edc to replace the Thorfire TG06s that I lost. I'm thinking of maybe getting the SC53 but worried that it may be too floody. I already own an H52 and I need something with a bit more concentrated throw than it has. Anyone have both the headlamp and flashlight that can give me some insight?

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to get a new single AA work edc to replace the Thorfire TG06s that I lost. I'm thinking of maybe getting the SC53 but worried that it may be too floody. I already own an H52 and I need something with a bit more concentrated throw than it has. Anyone have both the headlamp and flashlight that can give me some insight?

The 53 is my edc and I love it . I've never said "I wish it was brighter or tighter" for my everyday tasks but yours may differ . It's a perfect beam for edc

StagMoose

Enlightened
I have a SC5w ii. Also have a floody headlamp but it is a 600. I really like the beam profile of the SC5. It isn't the floody frosted lens but it is still an overall floody light.

I prefer the floody lens on the 18650 headlamps for sure, but with the reduced output of the 2AA lights it seems (to me) to not be as drastic of a spot and spill, but it isn't the perfectly smooth light wall of the floody lens.