The Official Zebralight Thread .

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, I bought a Zebra light headlamp 8 years ago on recommendations from this forum, and it was the best headlamp I ever owned. Sadly, it fell out of my vest at work and somebody else has a Zebra light now.

What's the best version now? They have a bunch of different models, what's the model everybody recommends today?

Thanks!
depends... what model did you have?

what kind of beam pattern do you want?

is led color temp important?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the best version now?
Sorry you lost your Zebra

if you want the smallest, are OK w only using AA or Eneloop, appreciate High CRI for best color rendering, and a diffused close range beam, Zebra H53FcN

If you want all those things plus the ability to use 14500 LiIon w built in charging and no glass lens, so it cant break, plus regulated output and a choice of body colors: (Not a Zebra), Skilhunt H150
these are the options I chose:
Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 8.29.39 AM.png

Last edited:

Fespe

Newly Enlightened
I got this new sc65c hi and I just noticed there is no more pogo pins. I don't know but this new version, at least to me, give the feeling of being more delicate compared to pogo pins? Am I wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_20240326_211632.jpg
    IMG_20240326_211632.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20240326_211756.jpg
    IMG_20240326_211756.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20240326_211945.jpg
    IMG_20240326_211945.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 73

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I got this new sc65c hi and I just noticed there is no more pogo pins. I don't know but this new version, at least to me, give the feeling of being more delicate compared to pogo pins? Am I wrong?
When I saw it, I didn't care for it. Looks cheap and flimsy. I guess time will tell. I think ZL has become too obsessed with it's "the smallest 18650" light mantra. Add the extra 1/4" to stick a damn magnet in the tail cap or at least offer the modded tailcap as an accessory. Do away with the battery crushing pogo pins and whatever this new mess is and use springs on both ends. It's not like these lights a drawing so much amperage that you'd want multiple connection sources. Drop one of these ZLs many times, then do the same with any of your spring lights and note the results. I'll shut up now ...

Fespe

Newly Enlightened
I was told only one pin needs to make connection to positive post of battery, so I would think it's pretty reliable
Good
When I saw it, I didn't care for it. Looks cheap and flimsy. I guess time will tell. I think ZL has become too obsessed with it's "the smallest 18650" light mantra. Add the extra 1/4" to stick a damn magnet in the tail cap or at least offer the modded tailcap as an accessory. Do away with the battery crushing pogo pins and whatever this new mess is and use springs on both ends. It's not like these lights a drawing so much amperage that you'd want multiple connection sources. Drop one of these ZLs many times, then do the same with any of your spring lights and note the results. I'll shut up now ...
Yes, small is good😂, but I wouldn't mind either some mm more for a better product, provided that this new connector are worst. Otherwise it's great! I dropped my sc600 in multiple occasions and almost every single time I damaged the cell. But with the sc64 le that didn't happen. In every occasions the lights were good to go! So I like zebralight and I will keep buying them 👍

Last edited:

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the price I am very satisfied with this new A6 headlamp. Been using it all morning out in the pouring rain and throughout the day In a dark basement. Not the prettiest LED but it's still a nice 5000k diffused optic that does the job just fine. I recommend it. Perfect for a headlamp that can be thrown in a tool bag or keep in a work vehicle
IMG_0741.jpeg

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the price I am very satisfied with this new A6 headlamp. Been using it all morning out in the pouring rain and throughout the day In a dark basement. Not the prettiest LED but it's still a nice 5000k diffused optic that does the job just fine. I recommend it. Perfect for a headlamp that can be thrown in a tool bag or keep in a work vehicle View attachment 60074
I'm surprised this hasn't got much attention and talk on this thread. What are peoples thoughts on this headlamp? How strong are the magnets on it?

Bob_McBob

Newly Enlightened
The A6 is a nice light if you're willing to live with the limitations, which are entirely in the firmware. The driver is essentially the same as the SC64c LE. It looks great with dedomed 519A, and there's some room to increase H1 and lower L, though it's a bit tricky getting nice mode spacing.

I really like the smaller size compared to the H600 Mk IV. 6.6mm might not seem like much, but it's quite noticeable in use. Zebralight doesn't include the full strap with the top part, but surprisingly I don't find it uncomfortable or unstable without the extra support. The magnets are strong, but personally I would prefer a smaller head and no magnets. For me they mostly just pick up metal filings, thought I have occasionally been able to use them. To add insult to injury, my car has an aluminum hood 😭