The POLL - What percentage of members here are Security, LEO and Military?

Please indicate which option best fits you

• Military (Active)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Military (Retired)

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • LEO (Active)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • LEO (Retired)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Security (Active/Retired)

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Combination of above Military, LEO, security - active or retired

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Civilian (not service personnel or security)

Votes: 43 65.2%

• Total voters

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Re: What percenage of members here do you think are security, LEO and military?

Five years of security work and experience. And I definitely learned more in those five years than many security personnel learn in a decade or two. That knowledge is the main reason why I switched careers. Also, being a security officer is like owning a TAG Heuer watch. Experienced security officers aren't appreciated, aren't paid more than new ones. So being experienced in this line of work is worthless . . . Which also describes the re-sale value of a TAG Heuer watch.

GeetarHero

Newly Enlightened

Five years of security work and experience. And I definitely learned more in those five years than many security personnel learn in a decade or two. That knowledge is the main reason why I switched careers. Also, being a security officer is like owning a TAG Heuer watch. Experienced security officers aren't appreciated, aren't paid more than new ones. So being experienced in this line of work is worthless . . . Which also describes the re-sale value of a TAG Heuer watch.

Brilliantly stated... Could not agree with you more... That's why after almost 5 years of security/EP work I am switching careers. Just finished all my testing and Background. Should be starting the academy next month.. BTW, is your avatar Vega from Street Fighter? If so, that's AWESOME!!!

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Brilliantly stated... Could not agree with you more... That's why after almost 5 years of security/EP work I am switching careers. Just finished all my testing and Background. Should be starting the academy next month.. BTW, is your avatar Vega from Street Fighter? If so, that's AWESOME!!!

Yup, it's a mirror-image Vega with black hair.

Congrats on the new career. I decided to get into the medical industry as a Pharmacy Technician.

nbp

Flashaholic

I have wondered for over 4 years what the heck that was a picture of. I never, ever, saw a face, until now.

Like the psychology test where you look at the picture and one person sees an old woman and one sees a young woman depending on what you focus on... I never saw the face.

BTW, I still don't know who that is, but I surmised it is indeed a person. ;)

GeetarHero

Newly Enlightened

Congrats on the new career. I decided to get into the medical industry as a Pharmacy Technician.
that's cool! Vega is a beast!! My sister's a pharmacy tech too and seems to really like it. And thank you for the kind words.

GeetarHero

Newly Enlightened

I have wondered for over 4 years what the heck that was a picture of. I never, ever, saw a face, until now.

BTW, I still don't know who that is, but I surmised it is indeed a person. ;)

Vega is a character from a video game. :) If you have a moment, go to youtube and search for "Vega super street fighter 4" and you will see Vega in ACTION!

sorry OP... not trying to thread jack. I will stay on topic if I post in this thread again.

Last edited:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast

31 votes so far, hopefully we can get a bigger sample with 32.26% so far LEO/Military.

Not to take this thread off course, but the Vega discussion - if you were real "Street Fighters" you would call him Balrog!

GeetarHero

Newly Enlightened

31 votes so far, hopefully we can get a bigger sample with 32.26% so far LEO/Military.

Not to take this thread off course, but the Vega discussion - if you were real "Street Fighters" you would call him Balrog!

Hahahahah!!!! Sent you a PM because I said I would not post off topic again!

tree7NE

Newly Enlightened

Mark me down for all three. I was in the military, then worked security, and now I'm an LEO. My flashlight obsession really kicked into high gear while working security because the job basically revolved around shining a flashlight around in a most obvious manner to make it clear that the property had security present. I went through batteries like water so I go curious about rechargable options. A quick Google search opened my eyes to a whole new world, lol.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mark me down for all three

Please be aware that we cannot vote in the poll on your behalf, so you would need to choose the sixth option yourself.

Voting is anonymous for those that would rather not announce their occupation for whatever reason.

CDP930

Newly Enlightened

Vote casted...LEO active

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I'm a civilian and work in the security business for some years now. But before becoming a security guard, I became interested in flashlights when I was in elementary school back in the 1960's. With the advent of the Internet, I was even more fascinated by what was on the market and the technology.

jellydonut

Enlightened

Um.. I served in my country's military, for 1 year. (my country has conscription)

I'm not even sure if that fits into the poll. I voted retired. :p

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast

Um.. I served in my country's military, for 1 year. (my country has conscription)

I'm not even sure if that fits into the poll. I voted retired. :p

Interesting point. I'm not sure national service (well that is what the UK used to call it) would count as then every single person (or is it just men) would vote as military. If you had joined the army as a choice, then I think it would count. My view would be that this poll is really aimed at someone's career choice rather than conscription.

jellydonut

Enlightened

Interesting point. I'm not sure national service (well that is what the UK used to call it) would count as then every single person (or is it just men) would vote as military. If you had joined the army as a choice, then I think it would count. My view would be that this poll is really aimed at someone's career choice rather than conscription.
I did join as a choice. They've limited the amount of people they take in so it is effectively a volunteer force now, even though they can still technically take in anyone they want to, legally speaking.