The SF M6-R: a regulated rechargeable SF M6 (HOLA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The SF M6-R: a regulated rechargeable SF M6 (H

js,

What are the dimensions on the pack and regulator combo?

Might this be used in another body with another bulb?

Bill

Topper

Flashaholic*

I would be interested if the final cost is not too high for the cell pack with charger. And I am not too late.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

After brightnorm's review, you have my interest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Larry

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
js,

What are the dimensions on the pack and regulator combo?

Might this be used in another body with another bulb?

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, what did you have in mind? I would suggest that if you can avoid it, do NOT integrate the battery pack with the regulator. It's an extra level of hastle. Anyway, as for the dimensions, they are something like a little less than 3.6" long and 1.44" in diameter (for the circle which encompases the rounded triangular shape of the pack). Plus, the output is set to 6.8 volts and cannot be changed, so that limits things a bit. Of course, you can order an LVR set to whatever voltage you want (within reason).

Larry, I'm honored by your interest. BN's review was an eye-catcher, wasn't it.

Topper, you're not too late. You're early. I will be opening a B/S/T signup thread sometime in Jan or Feb of 2005. Worst case, cost will be $110 for the pack and $75 for the charger (or $10 for the cable only if you already have a stand alone charger).

celler

Newly Enlightened

Please put me on your list of interested folks. Excellent work.

Craig.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I just want to state that I think this is a great idea and build!!! It just isn't right that the poor A2 stands alone and lonely! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif The addition of rechargeable cells really makes good sense for a lamp that is not shy when it comes to power consumption! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif (Not that my opinion means diddly squat but it's free and I wanted to state it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
I just want to state that I think this is a great idea and build!!! It just isn't right that the poor A2 stands alone and lonely! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif The addition of rechargeable cells really makes good sense for a lamp that is not shy when it comes to power consumption! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif (Not that my opinion means diddly squat but it's free and I wanted to state it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

Don,

I admire you, I admire your work, and I am very happy to hear your opinion on ANY subject and most especially on this one. It means a lot more than diddly squat to me! Thanks for weighing in.

(Oh, sorry Don. Right. Nothing serious--keep it light. got it.)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drunk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't own an M6 because of the "no rechargable" option. The battery cost would eat me alive. I do own a 10X because I get 500 lumens guilt free. If this project/product works out I would be most likely in for two battery packs and a charger. I'd better start pricing M6's!
Now we need someone on this forum to step up to the plate and provide discounted M6's.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
NotRegulated said:

Now we need someone on this forum to step up to the plate and provide discounted M6's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear that! From what I can tell, it's a no-can-do scenario. SF is pretty strict on selling below list. hmmm. I wonder, though. What if I actually DROVE to a brick and mortar store to try to negotiate a group buy of SF M6's? Can B&M stores sell for less than list? Anyone who knows, PM me, please. (This is probably not the place to be discussing this, I'm guessing).

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

Put me on the list for the pack with a way to hook it up to a Triton charger.
Excellent work!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Better warm up that iron, Jim. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wilkey

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Ginseng said:
Better warm up that iron, Jim. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wilkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. You're not kidding! But I couldn't be any worse than the last TL build run, could it? ah heh he he (nervous laughter).

Everyone who has expressed interest, THANK YOU. I've got you on my list. No worries. Everyone who wants an M6-R kit will be able to get one.

Crosman451

Newly Enlightened

Count me in for one pack with hook up to a Triton charger as well. Finally, I can use this flashlight more and get the max brightness for the battery run, not to mention the cost savings on being able to recharge! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Great work!

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jim,

Great work. I guess I'll just have to get an M6 now -- no excuses not to.

I would be in for the pack and cable. I believe my Maha C777 Plus-II will handle charging. (If anyone thinks not, I'd like to know.)

I'm looking forward to hearing more as testing continues. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Paul

mullytron

Newly Enlightened

newbie here, been looking at M6s, put me on the list if there's still time.

supes

Enlightened

I'm interested. I always wanted a M6 now is a good excuse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.