The SF M6 X-LOLA: 200 lumens for 2.5 hours

skillet

Enlightened
As I sit here this cool Saturday morning, I'm still using this setup. I actually have built a couple of lights for this combination. An M6 runing a MN-15 I keep on the side by side and a two 26650 M body from Five-mega that I keep by the back door with a Lumensfactory HO M3T. Can't help but ponder how things have changed over the last 20 years here and in the flashlight world. Incans still have a warm place in my lineup for bump in the night and other tasks after dark.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I sit here this cool Saturday morning, I'm still using this setup. I actually have built a couple of lights for this combination. An M6 runing a MN-15 I keep on the side by side and a two 26650 M body from Five-mega that I keep by the back door with a Lumensfactory HO M3T. Can't help but ponder how things have changed over the last 20 years here and in the flashlight world. Incans still have a warm place in my lineup for bump in the night and other tasks after dark.
I spent an hour and a half walking my dog last night with a mag light mod. Incandescent aren't dead yet.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I prefer incan especially for seeing inside of my coffee roaster as all my LED's distort the colors too badly. It's also nice to use incands outside walking the dog...again more natural colors.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer incan especially for seeing inside of my coffee roaster as all my LED's distort the colors too badly. It's also nice to use incands outside walking the dog...again more natural colors.
While I do agree with you, have you tried some of the newer LEDs?

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
which newer ones?
Nichia 519a mostly for amazing colour accuracy and good cct with nice tint. A dedomed 4500k will have about the same CCT as a well, driven in candescent, and very similar color rendering. The Nichia b35am is even better. It has all those features, but with a perfectly neutral tint (no green or pink). This one though comes in 6 V so you need a booster driver. But that gives excellent regulation so it's still a plus. The new 3rd generation Cree xhp series is available in 90+ cri and warmer ccts, but you are dealing with a tint lottery with them. I have the 50.3 HI, which, in my case is fantastic. But some have reported there as being a bit greenish. You want a lot of output you don't need to go to this one. I'm sure there are others, but these are a good start

Monocrom

Flashaholic
An excellent option if you still have a SureFire M6.
I'd even go so far as to say best to keep the Old Warhorse loaded with that bulb, ready to go in an emergency situation. I mean, nowadays you can easily get over 4x it's standard output from smaller lights running a 21700 battery.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Nichia 519a mostly for amazing colour accuracy and good cct with nice tint. A dedomed 4500k will have about the same CCT as a well, driven in candescent, and very similar color rendering. The Nichia b35am is even better. It has all those features, but with a perfectly neutral tint (no green or pink). This one though comes in 6 V so you need a booster driver. But that gives excellent regulation so it's still a plus. The new 3rd generation Cree xhp series is available in 90+ cri and warmer ccts, but you are dealing with a tint lottery with them. I have the 50.3 HI, which, in my case is fantastic. But some have reported there as being a bit greenish. You want a lot of output you don't need to go to this one. I'm sure there are others, but these are a good start
Thank you! Are there existing retail lights with these in them?

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you! Are there existing retail lights with these in them?
Yes. Convoy on AliExpress has many lights available with these emitters. Also emisar. https://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-dm11-1-21700-middle-range-thrower.html
This in either sft-40 3000k, xhp50.3 hi, or b35am (the latter two in your preferred cct). I imagine if you asked, he would also install a 519a, if so ask for 4500k dedomed if he will. Or a D1V2 on the same site in 519a in your cct of choice.