The smell of a fresh pack of cigs

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to chime in, cigarette smoke, cigar smoke, cigars, cigarettes, smokers in general, make me want to puke. Just sayin. :) There's nothing like walking past a spot where a smoker was just standing and getting gagged with the "smoke wash". Makes me wonder why these people can't tell they smell like burning feces.

That's just me. I grew up with both parents smoking and I hated it with a passion. Being cooped up in a car with smokers and unable to breathe should be grounds for justifiable homicide. Not starting an argument, not pointing any fingers, just saying that's how I am.

Now, for good smells, nothing beats that new baby smell. Nothing says "clean, pure, wonderful and beautiful" like that baby powdery dipey wipey smell.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never had a problem with the scent of unburned tobacco ;) In fact I like the smell of a bag of good pipe tobacco or cigars. (not cigarettes though, they stink in any form)

Back when I was in college the public opinion hadn't yet shifted against smoking and it was still cool. Virtually everyone I knew smoked. Now there is only 1 holdout. Whenever I smell cigarette smoke I have these flashbacks of waking up in my girlfriends dorm room when she had to have her breakfast smoke and cough up what had congealed there during the night. GAG! Apart from that part though, they are mostly good memories so I dont mind so much ;)

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny thing about cigarettes. Even as a smoker, I'm usually not too crazy for the smell of a smoked or smoking cig. Especially after the smoke has gone stale... yuck.

I take pains to not let smoke linger around in the car, or the studio with the electronic stuff (both me and the ashtray sit right in front of a window exhaust fan... ALL smoke goes out the window).

If you got in my car, you can barely tell it's a smoker's car. That said, I do sometimes enjoy the first couple sniffs when someone lights up, but only sometimes.

EDIT: BTW, James.... nice Speedster (I think that's what it is?)

2nd Edit: Still have a few Nats left, and just put my nose in there again... mmm mmm MMMM!!

Last edited:

tradderran

Newly Enlightened
Smells I like

Fresh pack of Cigs Camels unfiltered.
A Montechristo in the morning.
A cup of Cajun coffee in the morning. Hot and black.
The smell of gunpowder on a cold winter morning.
My wife's hair in the sun.
The smell of high octane in my Vetts exhaust.

So hears to it. The birds do it the bees do it. people who don't do it AUT to
be tried to it and made do it. HEARS TO IT.:naughty: :touche:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Things I love the smell of...
Lithium primary batteries
Expresso machines
Fresh baked bread
Napalm in the morning

Things I don't like the smell of
Baby butt juice
Kimchee (although it tastes good)
Frying Cree XREs (smells like evaporating Paypal)
Death

trivergata

Enlightened
Omega Man said:
I always thought a fresh pack of cigs smelt like raisins.
Nat Shermans, now you're talking! I wish I could get them in like a 5pk, since 20 would last me a year or so. I like the Fantasia colored ones, and Black and Gold flavor.

I've always thought so, too!

Few people notice it until I mention it....................what was that about smoking killing your sense of smell...............just more propaganda, if you ask me!

I made the comment the other day to some friends (non-smokers) that smokers are the only group that society says is OK to discriminate against. I guess the evils of the world have been taken off the shoulders of "The Man" and put on the shoulders of the "Marlboro Man".

Funny, I can't find the time to sit down to eat a meal, I'm quite surprised that I apperently have the time to ruin the world.................even without "some frickin' sharks with some frickin" lasers on their heads.........."

Josh

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too loved that smell. Nothing like buying a pack from 711 with a few donuts or cup/refill of coffee. I dont know why, but they seem to have the freshest ones. Although I would buy them by the carton, I loved the freshness of a single pack.

Anyway, Ive quit for good. I tried to quit a few times this year. One on my own, one because the job would not allow it on their property or clock. FInally I got sick and missed about 2 weeks of work at both jobs. I quit because I was just too sick to smoke and havent had the need to smoke. Sure Ive had the habbit, but not the need. Rather strange as I almost always had that feel and would even dream about smoking from time to time and wake up with my lips in the puff position.

Now I just wish I knew where the extra energy I had that allowed me to work 13 hours a day on 6 hours of sleep went.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys are weird, no doubt about it. :) Personally I like the smell of pipe tobacco. I don't like to smoke a pipe though because it plugs up my nose. Yeah, that's weird too. A few sucks on the pipe and my nose slams shut and I have to breathe through my mouth.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
eluminator said:
You guys are weird, no doubt about it. :) Personally I like the smell of pipe tobacco. I don't like to smoke a pipe though because it plugs up my nose. Yeah, that's weird too. A few sucks on the pipe and my nose slams shut and I have to breathe through my mouth.

Yeah, I hate it when you try to poison your body and it fights back.

Ever try eatng spoiled food or drinking your weight in alcohol?

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehe... just picked up another pack of Nat's.

SSSSNNNIFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh....

The fresh pack inhale is ok with regular main brands, but the high quality ones are a real treat.

Oh, another great smell is a nice fruit salad... yummy yummy.