The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I have a couple G2X Pros. For my needs, they have one of my favorite user interface. I think the beam is a great combination of throw and spill. My older version is a more neutral tint than my newer version. It would probably be my most used light if it fit an 18650 and the electronics were potted (because I drop my lights at work a lot). I have carried it before for a couple weeks and it held up fine though. Potting would raise the price, but I don't understand why that light is not made to accommodate an 18650.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an older 6px defender that is a single stage and it doesn't have any letters on the bezel but I think it's the 200 lumen.
I just got the g2x pro and the package says 600 lumens but it's not any brighter than the LE model. It has a D on the bezel but no serial number. The reflectors are different and on the inside of the LE it has instructions for cutting the circuit to make it a single stage. I really like the tint from the g2x pro and it is probably gonna be one of my favorite.

It's interesting they included the instructions in to cut the trace wire for single mode...does that mean if you cut it on the LE (and maybe the rest) it will still be covered under warranty?

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
This is what the cut trace wire looks like on single modes or dual modes modded to single mode.
3572982f45f7481bdd4c3da9c894db09.jpg

thx for the replies guys but the circuit seems not modded...
did they ever make a single-stage 6px pro?

benedictine

Newly Enlightened
thx for the replies guys but the circuit seems not modded...
did they ever make a single-stage 6px pro?

Sounds like you may have a 6PX Tactical head with the body of a Pro perhaps? My 200 lumen 6PX Tactical has no letter on the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone has tips on effectively removing the G2X head from the body?
A friend has a G2X Tactical (600lm rating) but has tried in vain to remove the head assy. Tried vice grips, freezing, heating etc. and nothing worked. Any tips?

BTW anyone knows if SF has a record of severely threadlocking its current products? What about earlier batch units eg. the 320lm G2X? Would it be easer to unscrew the head from the body with the 320lm version?

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Heat gun and rubber strap wrenches. Mine are husky brand from home depot. It's not easy but ive done 4 320lm 6px, a 320lm g2x, a 600lm fury and a 400lm g2x le with this method. It also helps to tighten and loosen back and forth to break the glue free.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heat gun and rubber strap wrenches. Mine are husky brand from home depot. It's not easy but ive done 4 320lm 6px, a 320lm g2x, a 600lm fury and a 400lm g2x le with this method. It also helps to tighten and loosen back and forth to break the glue free.
The 320lm G2X has always been easy to take apart, so I've been told. But here my pal is dealing with the most current 600lm version so that's another story...

May try the heat gun method, but rubber strap wrenches... seems that not many know the skills on using them. Also when using the heat gun, what's the rusk of damaging the internal electronics etc.?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 1, got the crappy greeny tint B is the letter code. Would like to take the head off and see if the insert comes out maybe could put a 18650 in there?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 1, got the crappy greeny tint B is the letter code. Would like to take the head off and see if the insert comes out maybe could put a 18650 in there?
No you can't. The metal insert is way too thin for boring. But if you take that off then there'll be no electrical conductivity to the cell at all......

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
No you can't. The metal insert is way too thin for boring. But if you take that off then there'll be no electrical conductivity to the cell at all......

Made an effort to have a look... got the head off and now back on. I don't really see a benefit to messing with these if you can't have em bored.
Thinking maybe do some research and see what code is best tint for these. The B wasn't too great... bright but sickly green

Last edited:

LastStarfighter

Newly Enlightened
I've had the 600lm G2X Pro for a night now and am loving it. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone knows what the emitter is on this light. I've not bought any new lights in a while now as I've been satisfied with my previous Surefire and HDS lights for some time. I don't have anything else with a similar emitter.

Any ideas?

amikee

Newly Enlightened
600 lumen G2X Pro is rated at 1.5hrs on high and 52hrs on low. The 320 lumens version is rated at 2.5hrs and 45hrs. I have both, but have never tested this.

Good evening

Looking to get either G2XPro in either 320 or new 600lm version but not sure which yet. Can you share your experiences since you have/had both of these please? Greatly appreciated

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 320 version has an incredibly awesome tint, almost neutral. I love it.

So I bought two more G2X Pros...600lm versions. They both have horrible greenish-blue tints.

If tint matters, the 320 is where it's at. If runtime matters, the 320 is where it's at. If maximum lumens is what you're after, go for the 600...but you already knew that :p

I don't know if I won the tint lottery with my 320 - meaning that I'm not saying you'll have an awesome tint for sure with the 320, but I can say for sure that both of my 600 are ugly as all get out.

amikee

Newly Enlightened
My 320 version has an incredibly awesome tint, almost neutral. I love it.

So I bought two more G2X Pros...600lm versions. They both have horrible greenish-blue tints.

If tint matters, the 320 is where it's at. If runtime matters, the 320 is where it's at. If maximum lumens is what you're after, go for the 600...but you already knew that :p

I don't know if I won the tint lottery with my 320 - meaning that I'm not saying you'll have an awesome tint for sure with the 320, but I can say for sure that both of my 600 are ugly as all get out.

Went with G2X Pro 15/320. It appears that the 600lm version drains the battery faster (duh) but one thing that sticked out in several reviews I've read was that 600lm gets very hot only after 5-6min or so (according to 1 write up up to 137F) which is quite hot. Since 600lm just came out recently I suppose there will be a plenty of opportunities to try it out if needed.

Anyways, I would like to thank CPF and its noble members for an insanely large amount of information on several topics, flashlights, batteries, etc. This is truly a genuinely good place full of good and knowledgeable people. Thank you very much